Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: To Be or Not to Be

Post Thanks / Like

To Be or Not to Be

There is a statistically predominant and natural identity is commonly described these days as being “straight;” a male or a female, made one for the other with the vocation and capacity of procreating and educating offspring, mutually supporting each other in marriage. Some people believe that there exists a God-given human identity other than straight.

The alternative identity they suggest is actually a variety of identities: there are those males and females made by God for the purpose of engaging in homosexual sodomy (lesbians and gays); there are those made by God for the purpose of engaging in both marital relations and homosexual sodomy (bisexuals); and there are those made by God to rebel against their natural condition of being male or female in order to re-classify and present themselves, through various bodily mutilations, as being the opposite of what, in fact, they are: this is the category of men who insist they are women and women who insist they are men (transsexuals).

The reality is that we are all created by God as human beings with a sexual faculty ordered by nature to procreative activity within marriage. Any use of that faculty apart from naturally procreative activity is a misuse of that faculty. And any inclination, penchant, or desire to engage in such a misuse of the sexual faculty is itself intrinsically disordered and must be resisted, not affirmed or celebrated.

There are not various categories of human beings based on what sexual activity they engage in or feel drawn towards. We are all one in our humanity, and God created man for woman, and woman for man and then declared His creation to be very good. To call a person a homosexual is already problematic; it implies that the person is not a heterosexual. We are all by nature heterosexual; some heterosexual people have a homosexual problem manifested in desires and/or actions. The claim of a distinct identity based on unnatural desires and behaviors cannot change reality: God’s creation is not subject to human re-engineering. There is no God-given LGBT identity. One can only pretend that there is such. To affirm someone in this make-believe self-conception is uncharitable and destructive.

The human dignity of all persons is promoted by obedience to what God has established. That dignity is wounded and obscured by any rejection of God’s plan and purpose for humanity. The just and loving way to help people who affirm an imaginary LGBT identity is to guide them away from this mistaken idea and towards an appreciation of the true nature of who they are in the sight of the Good God who calls all to love and to holiness.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

2. WTF Night Owl WTF'd this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ludwig -

Great recitation of doctrine, not at all shared by all of the Christian community. Thank God.

If you don't like gay, don't do gay. But gay has been around since the dawn of man, long before your doctrine.

4. Dislikes 1 Member(s) disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But gay has been around since the dawn of man, long before your doctrine.
    As have all manner of perversion and disorder but their longevity does not make them right nor wholesome. BTW: It's not my doctrine.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    As have all manner of perversion and disorder but their longevity does not make them right nor wholesome. BTW: It's not my doctrine.
    If it is not your's whose, then, whose is it? And why repeat it?

Selling and keeping slaves is condoned in the Bible. Stoning adulterers to death is condoned. Selling your daughter is condoned. Killing your son for badmouthing you is condoned. While eating shellfish, and wearing a polycotton blend are abominations.

Many things condoned in the Bible are just plain wrong. And homosexual relations are not universally condemned, any more than card playing or dancing, or drinking, in Christian doctrine. I was in shock the first time I went to communion (or the equivalent) in a Baptist church. Grape koolaid and real bread, instead of wine and wafers. GASP. In the long run, I have come to believe that a lot of our doctrinal differences don't matter a #### to God, nor to Christ.

The Bible was written by man, not the hand of God. And though inspired, humans fail. Period.

7. Likes gnatsum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made reference to whose doctrine it is in the original. I repeat it because that is my calling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, it's God's doctrine? Guess I missed than when I read the Bible. Could you direct me to that passage?

No? Because it does not exist. The doctrine you profess is based on one (or more) Christian sect's interpretation of the Bible. And let me emphasize interpretation.

When my cousin killed himself, I remember my mother thanking God he wasn't Catholic, because he would not have been allowed a Christian burial. That doctrine of the Catholic church has somewhat been modified. Why? Maybe it's because the Church (universal) is reexamining a lot of doctrine, and has been throughout the centuries.

If the doctrine you profess is your belief, more power to you. Don't do gay. Or dance, or drink or whatever.

I do not presume to know the Mind of God. The Alpha and the Omega. My mind is finite - I cannot comprehend infinity. I search for truth based on Christ's commandment to Love. That this doctrine works for you is good - keep sharing. Just be prepared to understand when people respectfully disagree.

Post Thanks / Like
    ... I do not presume to know the Mind of God. The Alpha and the Omega. My mind is finite - I cannot comprehend infinity. I search for truth based on Christ's commandment to Love. That this doctrine works for you is good - keep sharing. Just be prepared to understand when people respectfully disagree.
    I suffer the same limitation and so does everyone else. That's why God (Jesus Christ) established a church and gave that church an infallible guide, the Holy Spirit. It is the mission of that church to teach. Because of my finite mind, I choose to listen to the teaching of that church which has perdured for over 2000 years, the same church which, by the way, gave us the Bible. We all have a choice. I can only hope that I have made the right one. I do not love any person less if he or she makes a different choice.

11. Thanks txswimmer thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

It is the mission of that church to teach.

We all have a choice. I can only hope that I have made the right one.
    I'm not so sure that anyone gave the church the mission of "teaching? I don't recall ever seeing that. To inform? Oh yeow, you bet that's a mission.

Also: You can do a lot more than "hope you made the right choice", Ludwig. You can believe and have faith that you made the right choice.....mac
    Last edited by Rick; March 3rd, 2020 at 5:02 AM. Reason: To fix the quote
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ludwig -

Great recitation of doctrine, not at all shared by all of the Christian community. Thank God.

If you don't like gay, don't do gay. But gay has been around since the dawn of man, long before your doctrine.
    Swimmer: Not all communities that profess to be "Christian Communities" are, in fact "Christian Communities", not by a long shot......mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

14. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Selling and keeping slaves is condoned in the Bible. Stoning adulterers to death is condoned. Selling your daughter is condoned. Killing your son for badmouthing you is condoned. While eating shellfish, and wearing a polycotton blend are abominations.

Many things condoned in the Bible are just plain wrong. And homosexual relations are not universally condemned, any more than card playing or dancing, or drinking, in Christian doctrine. I was in shock the first time I went to communion (or the equivalent) in a Baptist church. Grape koolaid and real bread, instead of wine and wafers. GASP. In the long run, I have come to believe that a lot of our doctrinal differences don't matter a #### to God, nor to Christ.

The Bible was written by man, not the hand of God. And though inspired, humans fail. Period.
    I sort of agree with you on this one. I'm pretty well convinced that the greatest detractors from Christianity are Denominationalism and Doctrines.....mac

16. Likes Night Owl, sojourner truth, txswimmer liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast