Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Typical Hypocrite Liberal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Secret service told them that they had to fly in private jets, then Warren wouldn't have to try to hide behind her staffers.
    I kind of doubt if the Secret Service can tell anyone how they can fly......

These folks aren't eligible to fly at Government expense, though, so I guess that limits them to private or commercial.......
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopperglock View Post
    A curious thing I've noticed in the older, angry, dye in wool libs. Is that most are Vietnam vets who were drafted.
    Well, I am a VN vet who got drafted and I am definitely not a liberal.

Thing about the libs is that a lot of them are 60s survivors who didn't have a clue then and still don't. They are rebelling against... nothing …. except maybe a vague concept of "sticking it to the man". They were that way in the 60s and simply never grew up. Or maybe got a job and actually took the time to look and see how much government robs from them to spend on stuff I know they don't agree with. They live in the "Peace, love, dope" world of dreams and illusions and refuse to stick their heads out long enough to really see what is going on around them.

As much as I hate to admit it, I was a lot like that back then but a good dose of basic training and a combat tour got rid of that. It made me grow up and become a man. Something the others never had to do. Well, except for maybe some of the women.

All I can say is I am glad that those days are over. What I have noticed is just how many libs are women. I am all for women becoming all they can be, being married to a professional retired 21 year service woman. I think she is a conservative mostly because she actually struggled and overcame all of the landmines of life successfully. But there are still women out there who think being liberated means burning their bras or having an abortion, and one thing I have learned about a woman is that once their mind is made up about something, it is near impossible to change it. No number of facts or figures can do it no matter how many times they are presented.

Liberals live in a fantasy world where money is free and grows on trees, and everyone needs to be cuddled and coddled. That is until someone pulls a knife on them and slits their throat. They are willing to give someone the shirt off your back all day long.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

3. Likes Grasshopperglock, gnatsum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopperglock View Post
    A curious thing I've noticed in the older, angry, dye in wool libs. Is that most are Vietnam vets who were drafted.
    yeow, I've picked up on that too, i don't know if it's "most" or not but it's a significant percentage of them......mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

5. Likes Grasshopperglock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another observation, they hate the government for what they did and yet they still trust it without objection. They stayed glued to the most obvious government propaganda. Never seeking an alternative view. It's like 50%of the story is the only 100% they need. Everything else is the work of trolls, Russians, Nazis, racists, bible thumping, right wing fascists.

You could write a thesis on all of it. Title it, "The Love For My Abuser".

Post Thanks / Like
    I have several combat vets (VN) in my extended family. None were drafted. All are conservative. No one liked that war, anymore than the 18 years war in Afghanistan or the 15 year war in Iraq. America didn't fare well in any of them. Wasted time and human treasure. I was all for bombing the crap out of Afghanistan, but we made the Russian mistake in staying. I was opposed to Iraq from the get go. I understand why some vets are bitter and angry.
    Political wars, disguised as something else, are not in our nation's best interest. I will give DJT credit for recognizing this. We have no business being in half of the places we are in.

8. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice post... I, too, did not think the VN war was warranted. I used to think that if we just butted out, the country would go communist, and then see that doesn't work, and eventually go capitalist.

Which is sort of what happened. I expect that eventually North Korea will go the same direction. You can only feed the people sticks and rocks for so long and then they will revolt.

I was one of those long haired sign carriers in 66 through 68. Then I got my greetings and salutations. One tour did the trick. I found a home in the Army. A place where I fit in and felt comfortable.

Now that the VN war is in the rear view mirror, I am finding out all sorts of things like about how Ho Chi Minh was really wanting to put in with the Americans but Johnson and friends soured the deal too much. The Chinese are much better at schmoozing others than we are.

10. Thanks txswimmer thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture3366789.jpg  

12. Likes fchafey, txswimmer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    I have several combat vets (VN) in my extended family. None were drafted. All are conservative. No one liked that war, anymore than the 18 years war in Afghanistan or the 15 year war in Iraq. America didn't fare well in any of them. Wasted time and human treasure. I was all for bombing the crap out of Afghanistan, but we made the Russian mistake in staying. I was opposed to Iraq from the get go. I understand why some vets are bitter and angry.
    Political wars, disguised as something else, are not in our nation's best interest. I will give DJT credit for recognizing this. We have no business being in half of the places we are in.
    I pretty much agree with this 'cept that part about "bitter and angry vets"......mac

14. Likes txswimmer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    I was just wondering who was gonna #### all the money to pay for the free stuff Bernie is promising. I recently asked the KoC finance director if he had learned to #### the money to pay for all the stuff the Council won't finance, but want done. He just sort of rolled his eyes..........

Post Thanks / Like
    All that #### is in your wallet... They just need to take it out and, voila, all their problems are solved. You have problems, that's not their problem.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast