Thread: Texas TV ratings

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Texas TV ratings

By
    Scott Page November 7, 2019 at 6:00 AM

UPDATE: Last Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series playoff race from Texas averaged a 1.4 rating and 2.20 million viewers on NBCSN, marking the smallest audience in the 15-year history of the race (excluding rainouts).

Viewership fell 3% from the previous low set last year (2.27M) and 19% from 2017 (2.70M). Kevin Harvick’s win also tied the lowest rating in race history, matching last year and down 13% from 2017 (1.6).

The Texas low comes on the heels of back-to-back increases at Kansas and Martinsville, including a three-year high for the former. While 14 Cup Series races have increased this season — the most in a single year since 2013 — Texas was the 16th to decline.

— Sports Media Watch —

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

2. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If one's favorite driver was eliminated from the Chase, then why bother watching? (I KNOW, I KNOW! TO SEE IF YOUR FAVORITE DRIVER CAN SWEEP ALL OF THE CHASE RACES DESPITE NOT BEING "ELIGIBLE" TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!)

Plus, some of the fanbases of the current drivers are nowhere near the size of the predecessors in the car "before him" (i.e., Chase Elliott's fanbase is stiill smaller than his father Bill's, and William Byron will never have the numbers that Jeff Gordon or even Terry Labonte had.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

4. Likes TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The Texas crowd looked pathetic on TV. I wanted to go but had to travel for work his week.

I don't think it has to do with the playoffs since all 40ish cars are still competing, even if not in the chase.

I think a certain driver's retirement a few years ago has a lot to do with it. Probably safe to say that he had tens of thousands of fans in the stands every week.

Don't forget, there was a race in Austin Sunday too. Tony had some harsh words for the "idiots" who made that "asinine" decision. If I remember correctly, he said someone had their head up their asses when they made that decision.

6. Likes TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, but if Jimmie Johnson CAN'T WIN a Cup championship this year, some of his fans probably won't bother watching...EVEN IF he manages to win every Chase race. He isn't even in the top five, thanks to the Chase.
    Plus there's football. Some people bleed "college colors" before they bleed 'NASCAR'. Gee...a trip to a game, or a trip to a race? Which one is closer?
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

8. Likes TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    By “certain driver” you mean Bobby Labonte, right?
    LOL

10. LOL fchafey LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    No, Jeremy Mayfield...lol

12. Likes kantwin liked this post
    LOL fchafey LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, but if Jimmie Johnson CAN'T WIN a Cup championship this year, some of his fans probably won't bother watching...EVEN IF he manages to win every Chase race. He isn't even in the top five, thanks to the Chase.
    Plus there's football. Some people bleed "college colors" before they bleed 'NASCAR'. Gee...a trip to a game, or a trip to a race? Which one is closer?
    well, that may be a little premature or maybe just plain ole "wishful thinking" on your part. there's about 30 some folks out there who still have a chance of making the chase and JJ is only one of 'em.......mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I forget who is in the final eight. Phoenix will set the final four.