Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Released Results of UMHB's Self Reported Violations

Post Thanks / Like
    It really should be, but unfortunately, many, many, many parents don't do their jobs, as we all well know.
    Last edited by sickofpc; August 19th, 2020 at 4:02 PM.

2. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It really should be, but unfortunately, many, many, many parents don't do their jobs, as we all well know.
    So because many, many, many parents don't do their jobs, as we all well know, it becomes the burden of the taxpayers? And you're OK with that? Oh that's right, you're one of those HRC supporters who believes that "It takes a Village." Got it.

4. Thanks Rick, Night Owl thanked this post
    LOL CenTexDave, sickofpc LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It's also the parent's job to feed their own kids, but we all know that the schools have clearly stated that they will do it for them. So once you take that basic parental responsibility away from the parents and make the taxpayer foot the bill, then the rest is easy, right?

6. Thanks CenTexDave, Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ExKille, you kind of took the ball and ran with it, didn't you ol' boy. I think you are ASS UMING quite a bit. But then, you always do that, don't you... Just a thought, don't think I would be real crazy about living in a "village" where you were.

Rick, the whole system just sucks, doesn't it. We talked earlier about rich and famous people and politicians looking down on us, the plain folk, having no empathy or understanding for our wants or our situations . Why should anyone be empathetic? Just crazy, isn't it.
    Last edited by sickofpc; August 19th, 2020 at 6:14 PM.

8. LOL Night Owl, ExKilleencitizen LOL'd at this post
    WTF Night Owl WTF'd this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    gnatsum,... what in the world is wrong with you??? Those thousands of kids and lots of adults that use them tracks don't really need any dadgum running tracks, they can go run out on the streets....gymnasiums? Really..If they want to use a gym, they can either go on base or have their parents build one...and, if there is some really bad weather during school days, those crazy kids can just stay in their classrooms all day, won't hurt em none...swimming pools? You have to be kidding me. We used to go down to the pond and swim when we were kids, and if that was good enough for us, should be good enough for these kids, all 40,000 or so of them. I think there are enough ponds around......baseball and softball fields?...let those kids find some vacant land and make fields themselves, get their parents to help them, or again, try to go to the base, if possible...tennis courts, why would anyone in the community, kids or adults, feel like they just have to play tennis...so silly, right? ...exercise equipment?..when did we have to get so hotty totty...those dang kids can do sit ups and push ups, and more pull ups on a tree limb somewhere.....golf courses?..pullleeeze, don't get me started.....parks with recreational equipment and running trails.??.are we trying to cowtow to both kids and adults now?..football fields??....have the kids find a pasture somewhere they can use, put their moneys together, buy a couple of balls, and get after it..or go to base, if they can get on......While we are talking about all this silliness and wasted taxpayer money, ...let's start in elementary, so those dang kids don't get spoiled....Take away all playground equipment, .jungle gyms, see saws, merry go rounds, mazes, all of that nonsense. Just let em run around or something every day...and... let those little kids find out early, if they don't have anything to eat, they just have to learn to go hungry sometimes.
    ...Now, about feeding them danged, worthless kids. So what if they are a little hungry for whatever reason or reasons, not our problem,dang sure not my problem. Let em go hungry for a while, they should have better more responsible parents , am I right or am I right???All parents should be successful and caring, in my book. If they ain't, just too bad for their dang kids. I don't care how old their kids are. They shouldn't have ever had those danged kids, right? Some people think we should be "empathectic" ..and care about those kids.. and kinds of parents?? Come on now, give me a break, we all worked our butts off to have all the blessings and amenities that we have, and we don't need to have to think about sharing with kids and people we don't even know, my gosh, what's up with that?...Some of us just don't want to have to spend our hard earned money on all of this foolishness. It is just not our danged responisibility.. ..What in the world is wrong with some people?...dang.
    Last edited by sickofpc; August 19th, 2020 at 6:58 PM.

10. WTF Night Owl WTF'd this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    ...Now, about feeding them danged, worthless kids. So what if they are a little hungry for whatever reason or reasons, not our problem,dang sure not my problem. Let em go hungry for a while, they should have better more responsible parents , am I right or am I right???All parents should be successful and caring, in my book. If they ain't, just too bad for their dang kids. I don't care how old their kids are. They shouldn't have ever had those danged kids, right? Some people think we should be "empathectic" ..and care about those kids.. and kinds of parents?? Come on now, give me a break, we all worked our butts off to have all the blessings and amenities that we have, and we don't need to have to think about sharing with kids and people we don't even know, my gosh, what's up with that?...Some of us just don't want to have to spend our hard earned money on all of this foolishness. It is just not our danged responisibility.. ..What in the world is wrong with some people?...dang.
    Bernie, is that you?

You liberals are all the same with your damn bleeding hearts.

A loaf of bread and some peanut butter doesn't cost that much and those parents who can't afford it get food stamps. Then, you liberals want to provide two meals a day for them once they get to school and you want that provided year round.

I'm all for helping people, but this total cradle to grave government coddling that you are demanding is not sustainable.

It's too bad that you can't figure that out.

You keep asking what is wrong with everyone because they disagree with you. Well maybe it's you that has something wrong.

12. Thanks Night Owl, ExKilleencitizen thanked this post
    Likes gnatsum liked this post
    LOL sickofpc LOL'd at this post
    Saddened by sickofpc is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    mac, your tax money to the ISD goes to keeping their sports facilities--the football stadium, the running track inside the stadium, the baseball/softball fields, the gymnasium where they play basketball and volleyball, and in some places, a swimming pool--going on a yearly basis. Gotta keep some of the kids properly motivated and off the streets...
    And the tax money to the City goes to maintaining its ball fields, and the pool, and the athletic center with all of the exercise equipment inside...and then there's the hike and bike trail.
    County tax money goes to similar items. Same for the State and the Feds (the Feds have all of those nice National Parks to maintain, and the salaries of the Park Rangers...

You don't get out much, do you?
    not so much any more but I would wager that I've spent more time on either lake Belton, the Stillhouse Reservoir or the Lampassas River than you have all 3 combined....prob'ly more time in one week on a shooting range than you would all month or maybe even a whole year!. I also hunt white tail down range Ft. Hood and on my lease out by Adamsville. Not knowing you personally, you just don't strike me as someone who ever got out much....I will prob'ly be out tryin' to get a few dove here in a week or so....hells bells, I may even run into you out there....I'll be the guy with the dbl bbl o/u win 101....prob'ly 28 ga. pushin' one of those wheelers you can sit in. I like to give 'em a chance and hit 'em soft.... mac
    Last edited by mac; August 19th, 2020 at 8:03 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

14. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idi, is that you?? I'm not demanding "coddling" or anything else, and I am pretty good at figuring things out, thanks.
    I just wish I was lucky enough to have two or three little kids and be on food stamps, wic, and whatever. I would have no worries then.
    When did I ask what is wrong with everyone because they disagree with me ? If a couple on here agreed with me, I would be very worried and probably pretty disappointed in myself.
    Fix the system, change it, just be pissed off about it ....or Let em starve. Is that good enough for you?
    Last edited by sickofpc; August 19th, 2020 at 8:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    gnatsum,... what in the world is wrong with you??? Those thousands of kids and lots of adults that use them tracks don't really need any dadgum running tracks, they can go run out on the streets....gymnasiums? Really..If they want to use a gym, they can either go on base or have their parents build one...and, if there is some really bad weather during school days, those crazy kids can just stay in their classrooms all day, won't hurt em none...swimming pools? You have to be kidding me. We used to go down to the pond and swim when we were kids, and if that was good enough for us, should be good enough for these kids, all 40,000 or so of them. I think there are enough ponds around......baseball and softball fields?...let those kids find some vacant land and make fields themselves, get their parents to help them, or again, try to go to the base, if possible...tennis courts, why would anyone in the community, kids or adults, feel like they just have to play tennis...so silly, right? ...exercise equipment?..when did we have to get so hotty totty...those dang kids can do sit ups and push ups, and more pull ups on a tree limb somewhere.....golf courses?..pullleeeze, don't get me started.....parks with recreational equipment and running trails.??.are we trying to cowtow to both kids and adults now?..football fields??....have the kids find a pasture somewhere they can use, put their moneys together, buy a couple of balls, and get after it..or go to base, if they can get on......While we are talking about all this silliness and wasted taxpayer money, ...let's start in elementary, so those dang kids don't get spoiled....Take away all playground equipment, .jungle gyms, see saws, merry go rounds, mazes, all of that nonsense. Just let em run around or something every day...and... let those little kids find out early, if they don't have anything to eat, they just have to learn to go hungry sometimes...
    Gnat: just to keep you on track, this ole coon ain't never said there was anything wrong with any of that for the citizens as long as they paid for it. I genuinely believe that cities should have open spaces, parks, fields and the like........I don't really mind at all what the city provides as long as the citizenry wants it and is ok with payin' for it...preferably with user fees but taxation might be ok too.......mac (again, in the interest of full disclosure and transparency, I'm a user of the Lions Senior Center....mac
    Last edited by mac; August 19th, 2020 at 8:15 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

17. Likes sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    mac, your tax money to the ISD goes to keeping their sports facilities--the football stadium, the running track inside the stadium, the baseball/softball fields, the gymnasium where they play basketball and volleyball, and in some places, a swimming pool--going on a yearly basis. Gotta keep some of the kids properly motivated and off the streets...
    Yep, that is true and it pisses me off to no end....I'm so sick of it I could scream!......in fact I think I will....mac

SCREAM!!!!
    Last edited by mac; August 19th, 2020 at 8:23 PM.

19. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    LOL Night Owl, gnatsum LOL'd at this post
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast