Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Massive Bond. They Do Love Spending OPM!

Post Thanks / Like
    I also see that Craft has had his contract extended another year. Yep... Must have been due to those fantastic scholastic gains made last year. Right.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

2. Likes Night Owl, txswimmer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kisd cancels bond election at tonight’s board meeting

I guess they realize the kids won’t all be coming back to school in the future

Johnny

Post Thanks / Like
    ��
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    KISD out out a flyer stating they are providing school supplies for all for the 20-21 school year. Everything except back packs, ear buds, gym clothes, stuff like that.
    "I hit the ball as hard as I can. If I can find it, I hit it again" John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Will this be another welfare program that'll never go away?

7. Thanks sojourner truth, Night Owl, CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the poster on Nextdoor after the wife told me about it. She told me schools that feed everyone for free will also get school supplies. It amazes me, but I didn't buy on Lamplight many years ago knowing the neighborhood was depressed and things were handed out. I bought back in 92 because it was next to the back gate of the airfield and I could ride my bike to work and save a ton of money, the gate was virtually always open. While some areas of that neighborhood are indeed rough around the edges, not everyone is broke, and the fact that food in school and now school supplies are provided, shoot where was that when I lived there....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Nothing is means tested any more. They love handing out what other people earn. No questions asked.

Then when someone mentions taking it away and actually holding parents responsible for their own children, they get slammed.

Cradle to grave!

10. Thanks sojourner truth, fchafey, CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes txswimmer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bought back in 92 because it was next to the back gate of the airfield and I could ride my bike to work and save a ton of money, the gate was virtually always open.
    I used that gate many times as well, and the one behind the commissary was convenient for lunch.
    When I first arrived at Ft Hood, our company was the first set of orderly rooms off of Red Bud, on the east side of post. We watched them build the Warrior Way PX. Then, we got moved to the last set of orderly rooms on Clear Creek.
    From one side of post to the other.
    No matter how you slice it, 5 miles across post at 30 mph is going to take you 10 minutes . . .

12. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the poster
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ffbc22bd5aa5ae2e3e2f0ac857946948.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	8747

14. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    All part of that "free education" thing the left is pushing. First lunches, then school supplies, then college. Shoot, they are already raising hell about graduation "walks" when they haven't gone to any school in months. Not their fault, but I'm just saying, education is a given any more. And now the seniors are refusing to take ACT and SAT tests for entry screening. Next thing … no brains required either. Shoot, just mail them their diplomas on the day they are born.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

16. Likes txswimmer liked this post
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast