Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Massive Bond. They Do Love Spending OPM!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I was fortunate in that when I moved up to the First Sergeants position as and E7P I had the guy I was replacing still in country to mentor me into the position. A lot of my peers said that was a bad thing, but he showed me a lot of neat things to know before I sat in the chair. Personally, I enjoyed being shown the ropes. And it happened again when I got to Hood as the guy I was replacing was still around when I got here and he showed me a lot of the peculiarities of holding the position that are specific to this place. And there were plenty of them. Lot of differences in the position in Hood than there were in Germany.

One of the best things either of them did was to introduce me to and get me to know the folks that supported our unit in things like promotions, orders, supply etc.... When it came time to get a lawnmower, I knew exactly the guy to go to.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

2. Likes CenTexDave, Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, as suspected, the board OKd the bond proposal.

Time for me to vote my member out. These folks never met a tax dollar they didn't like.

4. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    And the usual sales pitch to the elderly. "Tax rates are frozen for homeowners 65-years-old and older, so they would pay no increase in the tax rate." In other words, someone else gets strapped paying for what you vote for.

https://www.kxxv.com/hometown/bell-c...5-million-bond
    Killeen ISD says the needed tax increase to support the 2020 bond would be about 9.13 cents. Owners of a home valued at $129,000 would pay an increase of approximately $9.81 per month.
    Like someone already living paycheck to paycheck can afford ten dollars a month. They do not care about the taxpayers. All they care about is massive spending.

Notice how the usual defenders are so silent? As if they were told to stay off CTT, they hate the truth. They are watching.

6. Thanks Johnny Frederick thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wonder where they got 129K for a base, there is either North Killeen where the homes are sub 100, everywhere else in the new developments the homes are plus 200K........went past Heritage Oaks on Chaparral yesterday and the sign stated homes from the low 300's....people cant say its Nolanville any longer dragging the process down, or East Harker Heights for that matter...
    "I hit the ball as hard as I can. If I can find it, I hit it again" John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    KISD will get it, but there is still no money for the City to provide infrastructure........

9. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What KISD is not telling is while the tax rate on elderly won't increase the annual assessment by the county will increase which means the taxes on EVERYONES taxes will increase, no exceptions. If this bond was urgently needed why wasn't it put in the last bond issue? If they had done the full bond It would not have passed. If I remember correctly KISD hired some firm to research this very issue and the company told them a large bond would not pass. So KISD is piece milling it to the public.

I voted NO on the last bond and will vote NO again.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

11. Thanks txswimmer, ithoughtso, Rick, birdfriend thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vote no on your ISD board member... That is all they understand.

I also see that the property tax incentive for Killeenites has been voted on by the council and any money used to offset property tax hikes will now go into the General Fund. Go figure.

13. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Likes Ricky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    my house estimate got pumped up again another 10% this year......seems no end to it. they oughtta be embarrassed or ashamed of themselves.......mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

15. Likes Ricky, txswimmer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven’t been around much lately but we MUST vote no on this bond! I know first hand how wasteful KISD is. I’ve written two letters to the editor with the KDH and have more planned!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome back!

18. Thanks ethelm thanked this post
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast