Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2019 Week 6 Games

Post Thanks / Like
    Cove-14, Waco - 0, end 1st
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dawgs-27, Waco-0. Waco must be pathetic
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    41-10, 3rd qtr

Post Thanks / Like
    Ellison did lose, and Channel 10 news was wrong on Thursday night.....
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last nights game between Ellison and the knights was interesting. The Eagles defense was not firing on all the cylinders.

From what I observed, what they have a problem is tackling a runner. Instead of wrapping them up, they bump them with a shoulder and think they are supposed to fall down. Guess what guys, it doesn't work that way. They simply did not put their arms around a running back and hold on to them. That and mistakes. A lot of not needed penalties. The dumbest one (and they did this twice) was a sideline individual bumping into a ref.

When we left the Eagles were ahead by a TD and by the time we got home we learned that they had to go into overtime and win with a field goal. Don't know why they had to go to that, but it had to be due to defensive inability, and from what I saw, there was plenty of that.

And I thought they had the D under control. That, and the QB (Spiller) holds on to the ball too long and loves to call his own number a lot.
    They’re gonna have a long night against Shoemaker next Friday if they tackle like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spiller needs to be reigned in by his coach. He's a shadow of his old man at QB.

8. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Spiller has got some talent, but he has a tendency to make up his mind about halfway through the hike count if he is going to try it alone or actually throw the ball. Then, if a receiver is not open in a fraction of a second, he tends to haul ass with the ball. And, the opponents see this and plan for it accordingly.

But Ellisons defensive coach needs to get the importance of actually tackling a running back instead of just bumping into them and expecting them to fall on the ground. I watched as number of college games yesterday and saw this same trend. I think it may come from a fear of a tackle being called for hands to the face or an inadvertent facemask call. Not sure, but whatever the reason, the opponents get a large amount of real estate due to this cautionary move. Probably more than if the defense were actually called for a facemask penalty. Which does not happen all that often.

But armchair coaching is easy, and I am sure that the coaches have thought all of this stuff through and have plans on improving the conditions.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2