Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: No Shock, Impeachment is Coming

Post Thanks / Like
    How is it that the "whistleblower" is receiving death threats if he's anonymous?

2. Thanks sojourner truth, CenTexDave, Rick, birdfriend thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lot of stuff going around that Schiff was the one who actually lettered the reveal, and that he has met, personally, with said leaker more than once.

There is now a lot of suspicion about just how deeply Schiff is involved in a lot of these things that are going on right now. But, I like to recall all of the times he said he had absolute proof that Trump colluded with Russia, and then never released any of it. Methinks twas all BS, at best.

Nadler and Schiff head have a thing going on that is definitely not making the democrat party look like a very good viable alternative right now. Pelosi has no control whatsoever over her caucus, and it is being led by the so called "squad".

Has anyone ever seen Nadler smile?
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

4. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the deal - I am not going to get into the politics. I want the facts on exactly what the President did. I don't care if it comes from a whistleblower or two, an ambassador, whatever. Everyone is being distracted (on both the right and left) by "bright shiny objects" that add NOTHING to the inquiry.

The White House is just plain wrong, legally, on immunity. They didn't even try a legal argument. DJT either broke the law or did not. What facts are there? I don't care if someone calls it a "witch hunt", as long as a witch gets bagged. If you are gonna be stupid enough to break the law, you live with the consequences.

I have almost completely quit watching any of the news shoes. They all make me sick.

Gimme facts or shut the hell up, please, media. Is that too much to ask?

6. LOL Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DJT either broke the law or did not.
    Well, did he, or didn't he?
    Conversations between heads of state should never be subject to being exposed, in my opinion, for whatever that's worth.
    Perhaps OUTCOMES of those conversations, but not the actual conversations.

8. Thanks fchafey, just2cents thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the cable 24/7 Media outlets have to have something to talk about other than the weather, and Trump provides them all with plety of controversy to talk about.

The funniest thing that gets to me is listening to all of these constitutional experts and hearing them tell you what is legal and what is not. And if you listen to all of them, they are diametrically opposite on what the law says.

Pelosi wants to investigate, which is the first step in an impeachment inquiry, then they have to hold a vote to impeach, and then actually vote for impeachment and then send it to the deciding body which is the senate.

The fuss right now is getting the house to actually do a vote for inquiry. Pelosi knows this is not a good thing for democrats in swing districts that tend to vote Trump. Now, from what I can tell, it is not necessary by law to hold a vote for inquiry, however constitutional precedent shows that is exactly what has happened each time an impeachment has been conducted. The issue is whether precedent or law is most important in moving forward. The other thing is, that if Pelosi does the inquiry, eventually the house will have to commit to a vote.

The other issue lies in the oversight committee led by Schiff. He has basically told the republicans that when they go behind close doors and start interviewing potential witnesses, that the republicans will not be allowed to ask any. That is patently political in nature, and, IMO puts a huge question mark on both the method, and the relationship between Schiff and those being questioned. I would not be surprised to discover Democrat operatives behind a lot of these leakers ( I refuse to call them whistleblowers).

And now I am wondering how far the investigator into the FISA warrant investigation has come along. There is a massive wall of silence surrounding that entire investigation.

10. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    The funniest thing that gets to me is listening to all of these constitutional experts and hearing them tell you what is legal and what is not. And if you listen to all of them, they are diametrically opposite on what the law says.
    There's a link on CNN that says "Stephen Colbert says Trump has caused constitutional crisis".
    Well, that settles it. If Colbert says it, it is a done deal, and no further discussion is necessary. {/sarcasm}

12. Likes Mestral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    Conversations between heads of state should never be subject to being exposed, in my opinion, for whatever that's worth.
    If there is a crime, I don't care who the call was made to. If the crime is extortion - it doesn't have to be followed through upon by the extorted party.

As far as the whistleblower getting death threats that you mentioned earlier, I think they were generic. I am sure that the identity is known in Washington, and I wouldn't be surprised if it has been leaked to some people outside of the government, but it hasn't been made public.

14. LOL Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    If there is a crime, I don't care who the call was made to. If the crime is extortion - it doesn't have to be followed through upon by the extorted party.

As far as the whistleblower getting death threats that you mentioned earlier, I think they were generic. I am sure that the identity is known in Washington, and I wouldn't be surprised if it has been leaked to some people outside of the government, but it hasn't been made public.

16. LOL Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't it amazing that democrats have no leakers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Isn't it amazing that democrats have no leakers?
    Wait until President Donald Trump's second term has ended. The cat is out the bag on what our intelligence agencies do toward us and to us.

Imagine what this country is going to look like. It'll be nothing but a fight for the rest of its existence. The days of Norman Rockwell are gone. What this country was before isn't going to return.

I say give them what they want. They destroyed it. Let them chew on the ashes.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast