Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: Pastry Police Stand Down

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,633
    Post Thanks / Like

    Pastry Police Stand Down

    Colorado drops lawsuit against Christian who refused to bake cake celebrating gender transition

    The Colorado Civil Rights Commission dropped its lawsuit against Christian baker Jack Phillips over his refusal to bake a cake celebrating a gender transition, according to The Christian Post.
    Phillips has endured years of legal challenges and media scrutiny over the boundaries he sets regarding the occasions for which he is willing to bake a cake. For now, at least, Phillips is in the clear.
    "After careful consideration of the facts, both sides agreed it was not in anyone's best interest to move forward with these cases," a statement from the Colorado attorney general's office read. "The larger constitutional issues might well be decided down the road, but these cases will not be the vehicle for resolving them."
    As a result of Colorado dropping its case against Phillips, the baker will also drop his lawsuit against the state. Phillips was suing the state, claiming it was "acting in bad faith and with bias" toward him.
    Source: http://ttps://www.theblaze.com/news/...LImaPpmAN4zMVA

  2. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Harker Heights
    Posts
    25,695
    Post Thanks / Like
    In other words, they knew they couldn't win... SO, in a move that makes them look like a tower of Jello they simply put the monkey on someone elses back to decide later on down the road.

    I like the outcome, but not the way it came out. I would much more have liked it if they decided that government cannot dictate to a private business owner what form his wares must take.

    I mean, nobody raised hell with the artist that put a cross in a vial of urine... I didn't like it, but the piece of... art... was his to design and display. It was also the prerogative of those who decided to pay good money to pay this guy to go see his artwork.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am confused. What does gender transition have to do with religious values? It has nothing to do with sexual preference or immoral acts. It has to do with gender identity. Someone just feels they were born in the wrong body. What makes their transition sinful? Seriously - someone explain it to me. I may not understand the disorder, if it is one, but I don't see why the transgendered people are villified. I feel sorry for them.

  5. Dislikes 2 Member(s) disliked this post
    LOL ithoughtso, CenTexDave, Night Owl, Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Saddened by Mestral is saddened by this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In other words, they knew they couldn't win... SO, in a move that makes them look like a tower of Jello they simply put the monkey on someone elses back to decide later on down the road.

    I like the outcome, but not the way it came out. I would much more have liked it if they decided that government cannot dictate to a private business owner what form his wares must take.

    I mean, nobody raised hell with the artist that put a cross in a vial of urine... I didn't like it, but the piece of... art... was his to design and display. It was also the prerogative of those who decided to pay good money to pay this guy to go see his artwork.
    A lot of us raised hell about the "Piss Christ" "art"., because public money was used to sponsor the exhibition of it.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,633
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am confused. What does gender transition have to do with religious values? It has nothing to do with sexual preference or immoral acts. It has to do with gender identity. Someone just feels they were born in the wrong body. What makes their transition sinful? Seriously - someone explain it to me. I may not understand the disorder, if it is one, but I don't see why the transgendered people are villified. I feel sorry for them.
    I'll take a guess and say that those with religious objections to gender identity issues see gender transition as a refutation of their Divinely determined birth gender and, by implication, an indictment of the Divine wisdom in assigning physical birth gender. Of course the same might be said about airplanes as humans aren't born with the ability to fly so human flight must be an indictment of Divine wisdom.

    The rebuttal of the above argument might be that God gave humans the intelligence to build airplanes thus they must have been in the Divine plan though the same could be said of gender transition as well.

    In any case I'm glad the government agents of Colorado have realized they shouldn't let government stray out of its lane by trying to create rights instead of just protecting them.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hymesa Estates, Killeen
    Posts
    30,257
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am confused. What does gender transition have to do with religious values? It has nothing to do with sexual preference or immoral acts. It has to do with gender identity. Someone just feels they were born in the wrong body. What makes their transition sinful? Seriously - someone explain it to me. I may not understand the disorder, if it is one, but I don't see why the transgendered people are villified. I feel sorry for them.
    basically, i agree with you.....they're more to be pitied than shamed.......but yet changing their bodies may be another case entirely.

    It's kind of like Homosexualism. I doubt if many on here, as you say, "vilify" someone for being or having homosexual feelings.......although acting on those homosexual urges is a different thing entirely. I do not know anyone who has had their gender changed......don't even know if that's possible.....but I s'pect that if I did I would prob'ly not be OK with or countenance medically adding or subtracting or swapping out sexual organs to suit one's desires......You may wish to recall that there are many on here who, like God, hate the sin but love the sinner.......

    if this is in reference to that Baker who refused to create, ice and decorate a cake celebrating Transgendering (he did not refuse to bake or sell them a cake) he would gladly have sold them dozens of cakes and offered to do that............

    What do you think God thinks when a boy child is born, Swimmer, who later on decides that he's a girl in a boy's body? Do you think that God thinks he created a girl instead of a boy?........What do you think God thinks about gender correcting/altering surgery?.....the answer to that, of course, is a hell of a lot more important than what you, I or anyone else on here thinks....mac

    of course you know that the surgeon can remove and add parts but you also know that he can not add to or take away from the Chromosome count.
    Last edited by mac; March 6th, 2019 at 4:09 PM.

  9. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
  10. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    basically, i agree with you.....they're more to be pitied than shamed.......but yet changing their bodies may be another case entirely.

    It's kind of like Homosexualism. I doubt if many on here, as you say, "vilify" someone for being or having homosexual feelings.......although acting on those homosexual urges is a different thing entirely. I do not know anyone who has had their gender changed......don't even know if that's possible.....but I s'pect that if I did I would prob'ly not be OK with or countenance medically adding or subtracting or swapping out sexual organs to suit one's desires......You may wish to recall that there are many on here who, like God, hate the sin but love the sinner.......mac
    Thanks mac and Dago. I still don't see the sin. If they are mentally ill because of this belief they are in the wrong body, would God condemn them? Many people do villify them, and many are murdered each year due to bias. I just don't get it. We modify our bodies by piercings, tattoos and plastic surgery all the time. I will admit, the transgender surgery is extreme. Maybe I am not looking in the right place in the Bible. I know the Bible says men shouldn't "act" like women - but these people aren't acting - they have a firm (though possibly misguided) belief that their souls belong in a body with different parts. I don't know if they blame God or an accident in the womb. Just sad to me.

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,641
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am confused. What does gender transition have to do with religious values? It has nothing to do with sexual preference or immoral acts. It has to do with gender identity. Someone just feels they were born in the wrong body. What makes their transition sinful? Seriously - someone explain it to me. I may not understand the disorder, if it is one, but I don't see why the transgendered people are villified. I feel sorry for them.
    I am a lesbian trapped in a mans body.. help!!

  12. LOL fchafey, CenTexDave, Night Owl, Mestral LOL'd at this post
  13. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    White Rock Estates
    Posts
    7,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    You beat me to it....I was sitting at this bar one time and a cute little lady sat down next to me and asked me what I was doing there. I replied looking for little kitty. She said, yea, me too, mine is as big as a hat....



    "I hit the ball as hard as I can. If I can find it, I hit it again" John Daly

  14. LOL CenTexDave, madasheck, Night Owl, Dagobert II LOL'd at this post
  15. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Harker Heights
    Posts
    25,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am confused. What does gender transition have to do with religious values? It has nothing to do with sexual preference or immoral acts. It has to do with gender identity. Someone just feels they were born in the wrong body. What makes their transition sinful? Seriously - someone explain it to me. I may not understand the disorder, if it is one, but I don't see why the transgendered people are villified. I feel sorry for them.
    You claim to be a christian yet you think God made a mistake.





    TEXAS has a balanced budget.

    Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

    Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

  16. Thanks Mestral thanked this post
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •