Thread: NASCAR still working on new sponsorship model

Post Thanks / Like

Talking NASCAR still working on new sponsorship model

By
    Scott Page September 2, 2019 at 12:04 PM

This season is the final year of Monster Energy’s entitlement sponsorship of the Cup Series. Next year NASCAR is working toward a tired sponsorship approach that will see multiple companies with different levels of involvement. See more information on the NASCAR Series Sponsor page.

.@NASCAR is in advanced talks with several companies for the new sponsorship model, and it's still expecting to start unveiling deals/details this year, per @Daryl_Wolfe.

➖ Brands in talks include A-B, Coke, Geico, Comcast, Monster, per sources; NASCAR is also chasing a telco. pic.twitter.com/itDTr4tckV

— Adam Stern (@A_S12) September 2, 2019

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if RJ Reynolds (Winston) is interested. . .

3. LOL fchafey, Ricky, Night Owl, TheOldProgrammer LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    R J Reynolds changed its name a few years ago, since the company diversified away from tobacco, and didn't want the "stigma" associated from it.
    Can't remember the name right now...
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was Nabisco that split away from RJR to avoid that "stigma".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    R J Reynolds changed its name a few years ago, since the company diversified away from tobacco, and didn't want the "stigma" associated from it.
    Can't remember the name right now...
    The name is Reynolds American, Inc. and it is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco, P.L.C
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

7. Thanks TheOldProgrammer thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The name is Reynolds American, Inc. and it is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco, P.L.C
    you lost me, Ludwig, with that "indirect wholly" owned business. How is it possible for BAT to wholly own and indirectly own Reynolds at the same time. Seems to me it would have to be one or the other......I know that's what their literature says but how can that be?.......maybe our resident lawyer could explain it.....mac
    Last edited by mac; September 3rd, 2019 at 11:42 AM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.