Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2019 Week 1 Games

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like Shoemaker is on their way to a big upset over San Angelo Central, up 42-21 in the 4th. Ellison down 28-6 to A&M Consolidated, Burleson has come back on Cove, up 34-24 both games in the 3rd. Harker Heights hanging in with Round Rock, only down 35-27 in the 3rd quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

2019 Week 1 Games

Quote Originally Posted by stevendub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like Shoemaker is on their way to a big upset over San Angelo Central, up 42-21 in the 4th. Ellison down 28-6 to A&M Consolidated, Burleson has come back on Cove, up 34-24 both games in the 3rd. Harker Heights hanging in with Round Rock, only down 35-27 in the 3rd quarter.

Update Cove just scored, 34-31 in the 4th quarter. So did Shoemaker again, now 48-21 with under 4 minutes left.

Last edited by stevendub; August 30th, 2019 at 9:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Final scores:

Stony Point 25, Killeen 20 Roos kinda ran out of steam in the 2nd half

#7 A&M Consolidated 49, Ellison 6. Tough but then again A&M is really good. I think the Eagles will still be a factor in district play.

Round Rock 42, Harker Heights 34. Knights seem like an improved team, definitely on offense anyway.

Euless Trinity 20, #20 Waco Midway 14

#7 Austin Westlake 48, Belton 0

Cedar Ridge 35, Temple 29. Wildcats apparently have some inexperienced players right now but they’ll most likely figure things out as the season goes on.

Waco University 36, Waco 35.

Burleson 41, Copperas Cove 38

Shoemaker 54, San Angelo Central 21. Grey Wolves with one of the most shocking upsets in the state this week. And the only district team to win this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    From the results I have read, I wouldn't bet on any of these teams out of this district. Shoemaker did win impressively though. The rest appear to be the usual joke.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ellison was at A and M consolidated, so a loss there was to be expected. It was the first game of the season as well, and I hope the team can overcome any attitude issues it may have before the next game... I will go and see that one as it is a home game and we have tickets already. God willing and the Creeks don't rise.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    High School #6 isn't going to help the talent pool any. I wonder if HS #5 in this town would have kind of "A longest yard" effect on a team.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

7. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was talking with my friend in church this morning who used to be the head coach at Shoemaker HS. He informed me that Ellison played A and M Consolidated and lost, and that Consolidated is ranked something like 7th in the state. Next week they play some team out of Austin whom I have never heard of, and he tells me that they are another super team and nearly impossible to beat. But on any given Friday night.....
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure there is a lot more to getting rid of the ninth grade centers for HHHS and Shoemaker HS to be named, like future population etc etc....but that sure did in the good teams Ellison and Killeen used to have.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am sure there is a lot more to getting rid of the ninth grade centers for HHHS and Shoemaker HS to be named, like future population etc etc....but that sure did in the good teams Ellison and Killeen used to have.
    Well, I like to comfort myself by realizing that there is more to life than HS football.

11. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2