Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your 2019 Crusader Football

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Your 2019 Crusader Football

Who said there's nothing to do on a Saturday night?

2. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm too sensitive to witness such a massacre.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

4. LOL sojourner truth LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't like that. I left at halftime it was 10-10.
    I am sure they weren't showing first team players. No need to show Hardin Simmons what they have so early.

Post Thanks / Like
    WTH? Can't find anything about the Cru on Div III football.com website. They aren't listed in any weekly schedule.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Their first game isn't until the 14th, which is week 2. https://d3football.com/scoreboard/2019/composite?view=2

8. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's with these suspensions?
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Who knows? Coach don't play and it's in house, so no one's business. This is not the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Coach Pete won't think twice about sitting out a player because of violating team rules. There have been All-American players that have been benched during the playoffs (quarter finals, semi-finals, as well as the National Championship! I for one have the upmost respect for Coach Pete. In college football alone there are too many programs that the coach will look the other way of try to sweep the problem under the rug. But, Coach Pete lets the players decide if they want to risk the chance of having to stand in front of the team and explain why and how they have let their teammates down by thinking of themselve. There aren't too many coaches at any level that will do what Coach Pete does. The integrity of The UMHB football program is paramount and Coach Pete won't do anything or allow anything that will tarnish that integrity.

12. Likes Night Owl, Rick, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read one starter (a CB) has been dismissed from the team. He has also left school.
    Others are suspended for the first 5 games. Time for some guys to step up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Coach Pete has class, and said that the team will just carry on best it can and try not to let these distractions keep them from winning. I have enough confidence in him, as a coach and a person, to make a real game of it regardless of who takes the field. At any rate, the team can hold their heads up instead of holding their noses when they play.

Supposedly the suspensions are for violating team rules. If they could still play after violating the rules, then why have rules. Too bad more coaches don't do this. And we wonder why they are a bunch of jerks when the players get to the pros. Shoot, they are treated like untouchables once they show a little talent and make it past the HS level. I will never forget the alumnus of Baylor who owned his own airplane flying to some backwater HS and bringing a potential recruit to Waco airport for his interview... They even had a red carpet rolled out for this kid when he got off the plane... With his dreadlocks hanging down to his hip pockets, which were around his ankles.
    Last edited by sojourner truth; September 9th, 2019 at 6:44 PM.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

15. Thanks Night Owl, Rick thanked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast