Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: AOC nows has competition--a female Republican challenger from Jamaica!

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Harker Heights
    Posts
    25,213
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    AOC is going to get beat, and I would imagine a Dem will do it. Ilhan Omar will get beat, by anyone with a brain, just like the other two of "the squad". The squad increases Joe Biden's chances every day, and, as people get to know Bernie and Warren, their popularity will drop even more. Buttigieg is too conservative for African Americans, and "too gay" for everyone else (since I have never cared a whit about who is sleeping with whom, I don't care about Buttigieg - but I don't think America is ready). I am not sure America is ready for a woman President, either. I am pretty sure DJT will be reelected. I am not a fan, but I don't see an acceptable alternative for the mass of American voters.
    AGreed, but I also see a huge problem with this new sense that anyone that disagrees with a woman is now automatically a sexist. Shoot, my wife and I disagree on a ton of stuff and she has never called me a sexist in any way. Since when do we get evil labels on our heads because we disagree with someone else? Oh, that;s right... since PC had become the new yardstick in America. Like in Palo Alto California where all mentions of "man" in a title now have to be neuter neutral. No more postman. Mail delivery persons are now what gets your mail to the house. Fireman... Uh uh...Flame dousal person or something like that.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one will admit it, but women have always been sexist toward men. Ask any wife, and she will tell you what insufferable neanderthals we are. And, if we are smart, we will say, "yes, Dear", and "you're right" in order to preserve domestic bliss. Women are just as obnoxious as men when it comes to objectifying men's looks, and we love it.

    Now, when I hear a woman say something derogatory about men, I will call them out - not because I care, but just to remind them that sexism goes both ways. I have had black defendants claim racism at trial, and I will tell the jury that the only racist is the defendant.

    I just don't abide identity politics, and political correctness. I treat people with respect, but still open doors (for everyone), say yes, ma'am (Senator Boxer got pissed about that), stand up when a woman enters the room, hold their chair at a restaurant, etc. Does that make me sexist? I would stay late at work and walk female coworkers to their cars when it was dark. Not one ever complained, but I am sure that was sexist of me. I had a New York aunt get mad when I said yes, ma'am, but I reminded her I was raised right, and said yes, sir, too. She got it. Manners? Old fashioned, yes, but I have them.

    Notice how women never claim that a man paying for the whole date is sexist? Or demanding jewelry on Valentine's Day when they get their man a card?
    Last edited by txswimmer; July 19th, 2019 at 12:33 PM.

  3. Thanks shawnricheson thanked this post
    Likes just2cents liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
  4. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one will admit it, but women have always been sexist toward men. Ask any wife, and she will tell you what insufferable neanderthals we are. And, if we are smart, we will say, "yes, Dear", and "you're right" in order to preserve domestic bliss. Women are just as obnoxious as men when it comes to objectifying men's looks, and we love it.

    Now, when I hear a woman say something derogatory about men, I will call them out - not because I care, but just to remind them that sexism goes both ways. I have had black defendants claim racism at trial, and I will tell the jury that the only racist is the defendant.

    I just don't abide identity politics, and political correctness. I treat people with respect, but still open doors (for everyone), say yes, ma'am (Senator Boxer got pissed about that), stand up when a woman enters the room, hold their chair at a restaurant, etc. Does that make me sexist? I would stay late at work and walk female coworkers to their cars when it was dark. Not one ever complained, but I am sure that was sexist of me. I had a New York aunt get mad when I said yes, ma'am, but I reminded her I was raised right, and said yes, sir, too. She got it. Manners? Old fashioned, yes, but I have them.

    Notice how women never claim that a man paying for the whole date is sexist? Or demanding jewelry on Valentine's Day when they get their man a card?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 36241v.jpg  
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

  5. LOL CenTexDave, txswimmer LOL'd at this post
  6. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UCLA / Unknown Corner of Lower Alabama
    Posts
    7,745
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like in Palo Alto California where all mentions of "man" in a title now have to be neuter neutral. No more postman. Mail delivery persons are now what gets your mail to the house. Fireman... Uh uh...Flame dousal person or something like that.
    "Ace is the place with the helpful hardware man folks. . . "

  7. LOL fchafey, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
  8. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Killeen
    Posts
    6,573
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mail delivery persons are now what gets your mail to the house. Fireman... Uh uh...Flame dousal person or something like that.
    Mail men have been "Postal carriers" for years now. Firemen are now 'firefighters'. Policemen are "Police Officers" (what?? No "Police Enlisted"?? )

    I saw the coming "correction" years ago...when some ultra-radical feminists INSISTED on the use of the word 'womyn' instead of 'women'. They hate men so much that they INSIST of removing "that word" from 'women'!!!
    Wondering now what the singular form of 'womyn' is...'Five womyn' as opposed to 'one womyn'?




    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

  9. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UCLA / Unknown Corner of Lower Alabama
    Posts
    7,745
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mail men have been "Postal carriers" for years now. Firemen are now 'firefighters'. Policemen are "Police Officers" (what?? No "Police Enlisted"?? )
    If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? - G. Carlin

  10. Likes just2cents, fchafey liked this post
  11. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Harker Heights
    Posts
    25,213
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? - G. Carlin

    They run as democrats.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

  12. LOL CenTexDave, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
  13. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    1906 Twilight Drive Killeen Texas
    Posts
    2,003
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •