Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: This Is What Killeen and Cove Have To Compete Against

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife got an interesting letter from TRS today...

Seems they miscalculated something in their payments of annuity and she is getting a supplemental check for $1900 this month.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My wife got an interesting letter from TRS today...

Seems they miscalculated something in their payments of annuity and she is getting a supplemental check for $1900 this month.
    My wife got the same letter. It's the one time only 13th check provided every few years instead of ever giving a cost of living increase. I remember the same thing happening about 12-15 years age.
    "Any Society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both." Benjamin Franklin
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    Not so much a "teacher shortage'. but with many schools/school districts not paying the teachers what they are "worth", many teachers find it easier to work in a non-educational field (engineering instead of an Industrial Arts or math class, chemical engineering instead of teaching Chemistry), take a teaching job with a junior college or private school that pays more, or just finding a new, "better" career.
    There's been a "teacher" shortage for decades. There are very few "teachers" today, mostly there are babysitters. That makes real teachers job much tougher.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

4. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They get tired of being jail guards and the district does damn little to get rid of the pos kids that cause all the problems. They need to learn not to coddle the trash just get rid of them. Do that and the district might be able to keep teachers.
    Last edited by ithoughtso; August 25th, 2019 at 7:16 AM.

6. Likes Night Owl, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    There's been a "teacher" shortage for decades. There are very few "teachers" today, mostly there are babysitters. That makes real teachers job much tougher.
    by and large, I agree with you......but to be consistent about it and with my own values, I want teachers out there lined up and trying their level best to get on with KISD (and, for heavens sakes, not as coaches or coaching staff). I simply want the best teachers in the Nation working right here at KISD and if that means the schools have to get out of athletics and other "nice" to have stuff so be it and once we liquidate those assets, tax me to pay for our new and improved KISD. I simply want the best ISD in the nation and am willing to pay for it. As someone who's highest grade in formal schooling was the 6th grade, I raised 5 daughters in home schooling, parochial schooling and private schooling and know and understand completely just how important an education is......mac
    Last edited by mac; August 25th, 2019 at 12:17 PM.
    Don't ask f'r rights. Take thim. An' don't let anny wan give thim to ye. A right that is handed to ye f'r nawthin' has somethin' the matter with it. It's more than likely on'y a wrong turned inside out.

8. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ithoughtso View Post
    They get tired of being jail guards and the district does damn little to get rid of the pos kids that cause all the problems. They need to learn not to coddle the trash just get rid of them. Do that and the district might be able to keep teachers.
    i agree with that. as I see it a kid needs to be well behaved, polite and respectful in school if he expects me to pay his way......I'm also real tired of paying for groceries for kids other than my own kin.....I also want school uniforms.......mac
    Last edited by mac; August 25th, 2019 at 12:21 PM.
    Don't ask f'r rights. Take thim. An' don't let anny wan give thim to ye. A right that is handed to ye f'r nawthin' has somethin' the matter with it. It's more than likely on'y a wrong turned inside out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3