Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Motorcycles

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried to upload a pic of it but last few weeks I've had a hard time posting or uploading anything on Centextalk....don't know if it's my computer, google chrome, or what. But anyway, it's Gray, Dark Blue, and Medium Blue....very pretty bike.
    Last edited by ExKilleencitizen; July 10th, 2019 at 11:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ExKilleencitizen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tried to upload a pic of it but last few weeks I've had a hard time posting or uploading anything on Centextalk....don't know if it's my computer, google chrome, or what. But anyway, it's Gray, Dark Blue, and Medium Blue....very pretty bike.
    Is this the paint scheme of your bike? If so your paint code is D81 PAL SLV/PTM BLU W/PINST. Beautiful bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H19097B-2017-Harley-Davidson-CVO--Limited-20190417.jpg  
    Last edited by Ricky; July 10th, 2019 at 12:28 PM.
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a matter of fact that is the paint scheme. I hit Harley Davidson dealerships from Tulsa, Okla to St. Louis and on up to Fargo, ND before I found the paint scheme I liked. While the paint scheme on the CVO's is custom, sometimes it can be a little gaudy. I made up my mind on that trip that if I found one and the color suited me I was going to buy it so when I saw it in Fargo that's what I did. It was a sight to see, me in the parking lot talking to the wife on the phone begging, pleading, making all sorts of promises that I had no intention of keeping to get her to say yes. There was a lot of groveling on my part but she finally gave in...wasn't a pretty sight for sure lol but I did get my dream bike.

4. Likes Ricky, fchafey, Night Owl liked this post
    LOL sojourner truth, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ExKilleencitizen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a matter of fact that is the paint scheme. I hit Harley Davidson dealerships from Tulsa, Okla to St. Louis and on up to Fargo, ND before I found the paint scheme I liked. While the paint scheme on the CVO's is custom, sometimes it can be a little gaudy. I made up my mind on that trip that if I found one and the color suited me I was going to buy it so when I saw it in Fargo that's what I did. It was a sight to see, me in the parking lot talking to the wife on the phone begging, pleading, making all sorts of promises that I had no intention of keeping to get her to say yes. There was a lot of groveling on my part but she finally gave in...wasn't a pretty sight for sure lol but I did get my dream bike.
    Wisconsin, Missouri and Pennsylvania are the only remaining plants that build the Harley-Davidson. The Kansas City plant shut down about a month-and-a-half ago a lot of owners don't know it but. the brakes and clutchs are imported from Italy, the engine pistons are made in Austria, the bike suspension comes from Japan, and other electronic components originate in Mexico and China. Your bike probably came out of the York PA plant the CVO bikes do not go down the same production line as regular bikes. Your bike was built in the CVO room by an employee who was hand-picked to build only CVO bikes. If you ever have to have your tank taken off for any reason if it's being serviced you will notice the name of the employee who built your bike. They sign their name and date on all CVO bikes that roll out of the plants usually in bright yellow. I was up at the Kansas City plant about 7 years ago I have a friend who works there he is the last person to touch your bike His official title is quality control he will roll it on a dyno walk around and inspect it for any imperfections if he finds one he places one of those little sign here stickers and the bike goes back for Corrections he then we'll take it for a Nine Mile ride your bike should have had anywhere from 12 to 13 miles on it when you got it new. Some bikes have more due to the fact they have to ride them out to the parking lot and put them back in the mechanic shop every night and how long the bike sets at the dealership before it's sold. And those sweet 30 to $40 Harley t-shirts the dealership gets those for $7 a piece they usually come out of Malaysia or Sri Lanka.
    Enjoy your bike !!!
    Last edited by Ricky; July 10th, 2019 at 3:35 PM.
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

6. Likes ExKilleencitizen liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2