Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Olympics in Tokyo

Post Thanks / Like

2021 Olympics in Tokyo

Anyone going to put forth some effort and watch this? maybe if someone breaks a world record, I will watch the highlights, but no fans, the extreme time difference means anyone news feed will be updated before the event is televised. The last Olympics were pretty much a bust. The most watched events were women's beach volley ball. Columbia v. Brazil and Germany v. Sweden. Go figure.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    NBC Sports did 30-40 minute highlights of the Tour de France daily stages this year, and that was good.
    That?s all I?ll probably watch.
    May be a good time to catch up on the Law and Order reruns.

3. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will watch mainly women’s gymnastics, swimming events, track and field. There is some talk of cancelling but doubt that will happen. I’ll probably mostly watch what is televised during prime time. I’ve found in the past that they save the best events to televise then.

5. Likes Night Owl, fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will watch the opening ceremony.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

7. Thanks sojourner truth, fchafey thanked this post
    Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I want to watch spoiled American athletes disrespect our flag and our country I'll watch the NFL. That the U.S. Olympic Committee didn't kick that woman (?) off the team who got pissed about the playing of National Anthem tells me all I need to know about what kind of #### show this is gonna be. No thanks, but I choose not to watch people who hate this country.

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently, the Olympics or the individual countries, don't have any requirement that the each country's Olympic team members MUST be willing to support that country's beliefs and tenets. I'm with you--she should've been tossed off the U.S. tea,...but some folks believe that performance in sports, and athletic ability, should be the ONLY criteria in determining whether a person gets on the team or not. Imagine the brouhaha that would erupt if the top athlete on a sports team was on a sexual predator database, or supported anti-Government activities.
    If she isn't willing to support the flag or national anthem of her country...then she should have quit, and tried out for an Olympic team of a nation that better "reflects" her belief system...I'm sure North Korea or Cuba would've jumped at the chance to have her on their team(s)...
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    First thing on the news feed this morning was the US women's soccer team getting stunned by Sweden 3-0.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

11. Likes sickofpc, Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First thing on the news feed this morning was the US women's soccer team getting stunned by Sweden 3-0.
    Good

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

13. Likes ExKilleencitizen, sickofpc, Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe my don't GAS attitude toward the Olympics this time. I sense because of the attitude of our athletes. They seem to me to be there for themselves, not as representatives of their country.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

15. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Likes ExKilleencitizen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That seems to be a common perception.
    Possibly an outgrowth of the "me" generation.

The thing is, people that are "triggered" by a flag need to work on themselves to overcome that. It is not society's responsibility to cater to your problems.

17. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast