Thread: Christopher Bell fails Chicago post-race inspection

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Christopher Bell fails Chicago post-race inspection

By
    Scott Page June 29, 2019 at 6:46 PM

NASCAR officials disqualified the Joe Gibbs Racing No. 20 Toyota on Saturday afternoon, throwing out Christopher Bell’s third-place finish in the NASCAR Xfinity Series after his car failed post-race inspection.

According to Wayne Auton, managing director for the NASCAR Xfinity Series, the No. 20 failed the height station of post-race inspection, which is standard procedure for the top-five finishing vehicles and a sixth selected at random. Bell was demoted to a last-place result in the 38-car field.

“When we put the sticks on, the car failed both front heights and the right rear,” Auton said. “The front was extremely low. The right rear was a little high, which is normally what you see when a car on the front sort of tilts toward the front. It’s going to come up, it has to go somewhere.”

Additionally, NASCAR officials announced that the race-winning Stewart-Haas Racing No. 00 Ford of Cole Custer was found with one lug nut not safely secured after a post-race check.

— NASCAR.com —
    So, it finally happened in the Xfinity Series... And it was a JGR car...

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldProgrammer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

So, it finally happened in the Xfinity Series... And it was a JGR car...
    "finally"? why "finally"?How long has this been in effect. I guess I thought this was the first race under this new version of the "post race inspection rule"......mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    No surprise that it was a Gibbs car. Just surprised they didn't look the other way.

4. Likes TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow! JJ just fought real hard, best i've seen of him in a couple of years, for the lead and he took it! Maybe he's finally back....that'd be really great.....mac
    Last edited by mac; June 30th, 2019 at 2:12 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

6. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    LOL TheOldProgrammer LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "finally"? why "finally"?How long has this been in effect. I guess I thought this was the first race under this new version of the "post race inspection rule"......mac
    You must have missed the memo, this has been in effect since the beginning of the season. This happened in the truck series a couple of weeks ago. Now we wait to see who gets 'the honor' of being the first in the Cup Series...

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...