Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Women's World Cup

Post Thanks / Like

Women's World Cup

I know nobody GAS, but we are through to the semis after a tough 2-1 victory over France. We play England in the semis. Sweden, who knocked us out of the Olympics but we beat in the group stage in this tournament, just knocked off Germany in the quarter finals and will play the Netherlands in the semis.
    Lots of controversy with this team - Megan Rapinoe, avowed lesbian, Trump hater, refused to stand for the National Anthem. US Soccer told her to stand or get off the team. So now she stands but will not cross her heart and sing it.
    Has already stated she wouldn't "go to the f___ing White House if invited".
    Glad we won, but was hoping this POS would have blown out her ACL early in the match.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know nobody GAS, but we are through to the semis after a tough 2-1 victory over France. We play England in the semis. Sweden, who knocked us out of the Olympics but we beat in the group stage in this tournament, just knocked off Germany in the quarter finals and will play the Netherlands in the semis.
    Lots of controversy with this team - Megan Rapinoe, avowed lesbian, Trump hater, refused to stand for the National Anthem. US Soccer told her to stand or get off the team. So now she stands but will not cross her heart and sing it.
    Has already stated she wouldn't "go to the f___ing White House if invited".
    Glad we won, but was hoping this POS would have blown out her ACL early in the match.
    j

damned if I ain't with you a hundert percent on this one. yep, Pinoe is damned good but I doubt if she's irreplaceable.....it would not have bothered me one bit today if someone had busted her leg. The team is just too damned good to have to put up with this piece......with this POS......good game today!.....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

3. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    AOC invited the team to the house floor whether they win the cup or not. Its good that the US gets the best women available to make a great team to compete on the world stage, its a shame the men cant do the same. I don't pay much attention to Rapinoe, too busy watching Alex Morgan...……………….
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

5. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The USMNT has a bunch of young newcomers. Earlier this year they were embarrassing to watch. The Gold Cup is now going on and they are in the semis. Went undefeated in the group stage and won their first knock out game. Of course it's competition from North and Central America, not like playing Brazil, Germany or France.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

7. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rapinoe is a distraction for an otherwise great team. Her sexual escapades and statements have no place on the field... Or off it if it detracts from the rest of the team. Her orientation is of no importance to anyone other than herself and those who see this as the only thing worth putting their efforts into.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

9. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe it is why Fox Sports isn't showing the National Anthems much any longer. Before Rapinoe you got the full Monty of both countries. The NFL broadcasts did the same, they cut to the game once all of it was over.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, patriotism is another optional thing nowadays I guess... Like the school district in Minnesota that stopped opening their meetings with the pledge of allegiance. Seems it made some folks uncomfortable.

Far as I am concerned, comfort is the last thin one should expect at any council meeting.

Or like my old S3 Sergeant used to say "No chairs makes for short meetings"....
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

12. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Well, patriotism is another optional thing nowadays I guess... Like the school district in Minnesota that stopped opening their meetings with the pledge of allegiance. Seems it made some folks uncomfortable.

Far as I am concerned, comfort is the last thin one should expect at any council meeting.

Or like my old S3 Sergeant used to say "No chairs makes for short meetings"....
    it made one woman uncomfortable because she felt like it offended "Allah".......out of the whole cotton pickin' district, one woman felt put out over it and because of that they took it away from everybody......there's some real upset folks up there now......but they won't come out......mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

14. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the same thing applies to why we do not see prayer offered for players prior to a football game. One person decided that it was an endorsement of church against state for people to pray before a sports event because the state helped pay for education and there is supposedly a separation of church and state. How anyone can see that in the constitution is beyond me, save for the mention of the state not being able to establish a state religion. I think the founders were worried of something like what happened in England with the church of England being established. I am not aware of anyone in Great Britain being forced to worship, much alone adhere to a state established religion.

The closest I have seen to a state established religion might be Southern Baptists in Texas, and that vote is still far from being in. Whenever I go to church on Sunday morning, I still see people mowing their lawns and doing other stuff around the house and not attending any sort of worship service. Far as I can say, that is because Americans are still free to do as they please, having freedom of religion and choice and such other concepts.

If we begin to change what we do based on one person feeling uncomfortable with something, next thing you know men will not be allowed to fart or scratch themselves in inappropriate places around here. Now that would be terrible.

Just another example of liberal sensitivities trying to eliminate the 1st amendment.

16. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    it made one woman uncomfortable because she felt like it offended "Allah".......out of the whole cotton pickin' district, one woman felt put out over it and because of that they took it away from everybody......there's some real upset folks up there now......but they won't come out......mac
    That school district is in Omar's district. 'nuff said.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast