Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Women's World Cup

Post Thanks / Like
    I just wish that they had left Rapino off of the women's team. There are so many talented women players that it makes no sense to me to have someone so anti-USA on our national team. I started watching soccer when my son played and have been a fan for about 20 years now. It is nice to watch a sport played without having commercials every 5 min or so.

2. Likes Ricky, fchafey, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not much of a soccer fan. To me, it is like watching paint dry. Any sport that you can watch that goes for hours and not one point is scored, then it is decided with an overtime free shot has got to be lacking something. But soccer is all about defense, unlike most sports where an active offense usually makes some sort of score every now and again.

I am a baseball fan and even that can test my patience at times. But it is a unique game... The only sport where the defense has the ball and the offense tries to make it go away.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

4. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, but the action never stops.
    USA gets by England, 2-1, n the semis. Onto the championship game on Sunday against the winner of tomorrow's Netherlands/Sweden match.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

6. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not much of a soccer fan. To me, it is like watching paint dry. Any sport that you can watch that goes for hours and not one point is scored, then it is decided with an overtime free shot has got to be lacking something. But soccer is all about defense, unlike most sports where an active offense usually makes some sort of score every now and again.

I am a baseball fan and even that can test my patience at times. But it is a unique game... The only sport where the defense has the ball and the offense tries to make it go away.
    When football went on strike I took up the English Premier League Soccer and found out that in 2 hours it was done and I could go and do stuff. Two football games on Sunday run from noon to 630. The day is shot....The women started today at 2 and was over by 4 to include half time and seven extra minutes for stoppages....cant beat that.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

8. Likes Grammar Rules, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sweden and Netherlands are tied 0-0 at the end of regular time. Now going into the two 15 minute extra time periods. I have a feeling they'll end up going to a penalty kick shoot-out to see who we play on Sunday.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice goal by Netherlands.....that one player from the Netherlands looks awful scary....should be a good game Sunday....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

11. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I'd rather be playing the Dutch. Sweden is well used to us. Sure we beat them earlier in group play, 2-0, but Sweden sat a few starters.

13. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sweden edges England, 2-1, in the third place game.
    Tomorrow we take on The Netherlands. 10AM CDT I believe. And, Houston, we have a problem ....Fox channel 44 has been blacked out on DirecTV over a $$ dispute. Can always go on the internet to Fox.com and watch it.

Post Thanks / Like
    We took, 2-0, over the Dutch. Was a tough game, 0-0, at the half. Rapinoe scored on a penalty kick then upcoming star Rose Lavelle put it away. Our 4th WWC Championship!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2