Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Iran Mod

Post Thanks / Like
    2 words... Republican guard. If it weren't for them, the people would have already made a change. The only time change will happen is when the Mullahs can no longer afford to keep the republican guard fed and comfortable.

The game for Iran is to get the rest of the world to go against Trump and give in to their demands. They are like Kim on steroids. No difference. Dictators using the nuclear button as a means of getting goodies from other people. I believe the English word for it is Extortion.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

2. Likes CenTexDave, txswimmer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The question I have is this - could our "covert operators" start a revolution or a civil war in Iran? Or does the government there have too much of a stranglehold? The Shah made the mistake of thinking the was invincible - could the same be said of the Supreme Leader?
    From what I have observed, we have tried and failed.
    Might possibly have tried in Turkey too.

Of course, I also know we have "Deep State" operators in both of those countries,
    and they are active in keeping those regimes in place.
    Last edited by Mestral; July 10th, 2019 at 8:41 AM.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

4. Likes CenTexDave, txswimmer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Source: ClarionProject.org

Has anyone seen this on the MSM?

A British warship thwarted an attempt by Iran to capture a British oil tanker in the Persian Gulf on Wednesday, July 10, 2019.

While a (manned) U.S. reconnaissance aircraft hovered above, gunboats from Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) began approaching the ship. The boats were intercepted by a British warship which had been operating five miles behind the tanker.

While Iran has denied that the gunboats were in the process of trying to capture the British tanker, the day before Iranian President Hassan Rouhani threatened Britain that there would be “repercussions” after a British ship detained an Iranian oil tanker in Gibraltar.

The detained tanker was attempting to deliver crude to Syria in violation of European Union sanctions.

Le mot catholique n’est pas un gros mot.

6. Thanks txswimmer thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Source: ClarionProject.org

Has anyone seen this on the MSM?

A British warship thwarted an attempt by Iran to capture a British oil tanker in the Persian Gulf on Wednesday, July 10, 2019.

While a (manned) U.S. reconnaissance aircraft hovered above, gunboats from Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) began approaching the ship. The boats were intercepted by a British warship which had been operating five miles behind the tanker.

While Iran has denied that the gunboats were in the process of trying to capture the British tanker, the day before Iranian President Hassan Rouhani threatened Britain that there would be “repercussions” after a British ship detained an Iranian oil tanker in Gibraltar.

The detained tanker was attempting to deliver crude to Syria in violation of European Union sanctions.
    I saw that on Fox News this morning before sunrise.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think these are 2 separate incidents. One where the US and Britain detained a tanker heading to Syria, and another incident where Iranian gunboats tried to board and take a US tanker to Iranian waters.

The Mullahs will keep on playing this game until they can get the US allies griping at Trump. Reminds me a lot of the mind games that Kim plays. This is the only thing they have going for them, a nuclear threat to use to blackmail people into letting them do what they want. And does anyone think that giving in to their games will stop them from developing weapons? Certainly not me.

9. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few sunken boats with sailors and Iran will stop. They will whine and cry at we need to give them the middle finger.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

11. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That or get them to chase a few US frigates into allied waters and claim we were just defending our interests. I mean, if it is OK to commandeer a boat and drag it into Iranian waters, then turnabout should be just fine.

13. Likes Night Owl, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    ... And does anyone think that giving in to their games will stop them from developing weapons? Certainly not me.
    Best estimates are that it will take them more than a year to develop and build a nuke.
    More concerning are recent developments in Turkey,
    which is now allying with Russia, and where
    we (supposedly) have nukes stored.

15. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Build a nuke? Obama gave them enough money to BUY one...may not be a new one, or a larger yield weapon, but they might be able to find something out there in the marketplace.

"Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

17. Likes Mestral liked this post
    LOL Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    Build a nuke? Obama gave them enough money to BUY one...may not be a new one, or a larger yield weapon, but they might be able to find something out there in the marketplace.
    Not sure anyone, including N.K. trusts them enough to sell them one.

(visualize the scene in the gun store where the Terminator bought his weapons.)

19. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10