Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pay Raise 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wish Killeen would give pay raises based on results.
    "On results".......of what, Sojourner?......mac
    Don't ask f'r rights. Take thim. An' don't let anny wan give thim to ye. A right that is handed to ye f'r nawthin' has somethin' the matter with it. It's more than likely on'y a wrong turned inside out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Based solely on the info posted by xzochye above, I'm left with a question: how DID the KISD wind up with a "Number of full time staff covered in 75%" equaling 3,240.5?!?!?

3,012.5 teachers
    49.5 librarians
    131.5 counselors...

Are there KISD employees who are doing TWO jobs instead of just one? Or is the ".5" an administrator doing a school-based job during the week?

Could be a mistake, but one wonders why something like that wasn't 'caught'.

"Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    Based solely on the info posted by xzochye above, I'm left with a question: how DID the KISD wind up with a "Number of full time staff covered in 75%" equaling 3,240.5?!?!?

3,012.5 teachers
    49.5 librarians
    131.5 counselors...

Are there KISD employees who are doing TWO jobs instead of just one? Or is the ".5" an administrator doing a school-based job during the week?

Could be a mistake, but one wonders why something like that wasn't 'caught'.
    Probably due to half day employees. A lot of campuses have half day librarians and counselors. Some elementary schools have a second half day music and/or PE teacher.
    "Any Society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both." Benjamin Franklin
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

4. Thanks gnatsum thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Probably due to half day employees.
    nope! can't be....Xz clearly said "full time".....mac
    Don't ask f'r rights. Take thim. An' don't let anny wan give thim to ye. A right that is handed to ye f'r nawthin' has somethin' the matter with it. It's more than likely on'y a wrong turned inside out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    "On results".......of what, Sojourner?......mac
    As the original statement said... Merit.

Sort of what the Army used to do.. Promote folks based on good performance. I had people that worked for me, and then I had people who came to work. There was a difference. Mostly in what they contributed. The city used to have a system for this but did away with it about the time I left. Oh, they could approve a 6% performance increase, but the city capped all of those to 2%. Most promotions below managerial level were called "revenue neutral".. Which means you get more to do, bigger responsibilities but no more money. Maybe they would sometimes change your title a bit to make you feel better. Didn't work very well though.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2