Thread: Russia's New Pistol

Post Thanks / Like

Russia's New Pistol

As a polymer frame, hammer-fired, 9mm it doesn't appear that innovative, but the military tends to be a conservative institution and handguns are probably not its primary weapon.
    The state-of-the-art Udav handgun, described as one of the most powerful pistols in the world, has begun a trial run with the Russian military. It is intended to replace the sturdy but aging Makarov sidearm, in use since 1950s.
    The Udav (‘Boa’ in Russian, a blunt-nosed snake) was cleared for mass production after successfully passing the state tests, which saw the weapon exposed to dust, sand and temperatures ranging from minus 50 to plus 70 Celsius.
    The nine millimeters auto-loading handgun has a magazine capacity of 18 bullets, which is ten more than the Makarov.

The new pistol’s engagement range is almost two times greater, reaching 100 meters. The Udav is also lighter and easier to operate than the Makarov, due to the incorporation of composite materials.
    Udav can fire all types of 9mm bullets, including tracer, armor-piercing and expanding ammunition. What makes the pistol even more menacing are the subsonic and increased penetrability bullets, which were especially developed for it.

The new pistol’s engagement range is almost two times greater, reaching 100 meters. The Udav is also lighter and easier to operate than the Makarov, due to the incorporation of composite materials.
    Udav can fire all types of 9mm bullets, including tracer, armor-piercing and expanding ammunition. What makes the pistol even more menacing are the subsonic and increased penetrability bullets, which were especially developed for it.
    Source: https://www.rt.com/russia/461713-rus...istol-makarov/

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoopee - 9mm!!!
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot help but believe this article to be a load of b.s. I am not a weapons expert but even a basic understanding of physics and ballistics puts a lie to those claims effective engagement range and armor-piercing capabilities. Yes, I could be wrong... but I don't think so.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Lately Russia has been tooting it's horn about a bunch of new weapons. I don't believe much of it either
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.