Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: STAAR Scores Released For Local School Districts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mac, at your advanced maturity can you remember who OJ is?
    IF his "advanced maturity" is up where I think it is, he probably thinks that 'OJ' is his preferred flavor of Metamucil...

"Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    I believe that the concept of travelling DNA particles was introduced by none other than Johnny Cochrane. His theory, and it really sort of makes sense in the vaguest way, is that DNA itself is not static, and that anything could carry a particle with anyone elses DNA through the air and end up almost anywhere. The defense then argued that without 100% foolproof evidence that any suggestion might come about.

Sort of like Platos last breath having been sent through the atmosphere for many moons and we all have had a breath with some of it in it. When you stop and think about water, it is a good probability that we all have drank some recycled whale piss.

Floating DNA... Or the prospect of it, was Cochranes way of inserting an element of doubt into the jurys mind. And it seems to have worked. Of course, the constitution of the jury didn't hurt either.
    some how i missed that presentation......and it's true that that tuna sammich i had a while ago had some whale #### in it.....and other disgusting whale fluids....heck, i don't even think that breath has any dna in it......maybe, like someone on here said, i oughtta google it......nope, no dna in breath......mac
    Last edited by mac; October 31st, 2019 at 3:44 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    IF his "advanced maturity" is up where I think it is, he probably thinks that 'OJ' is his preferred flavor of Metamucil...
    nope.....just like my Ensure, I prefer chocolate ......mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    some how i missed that presentation......and it's true that that tuna sammich i had a while ago had some whale #### in it.....and other disgusting whale fluids....heck, i don't even think that breath has any dna in it......maybe, like someone on here said, i oughtta google it......nope, no dna in breath......mac
    Just to clarify for you Mac... I never said that breath carried DNA. What I was trying to refer to was the old tale about many different things being in the air that we don't pay attention to because we simply cannot see them.

It's kind of like what I tell non believers. When they say they will believe in God when they see him, I ask them how long have they been holding their breath. When they look back confused I simply ask them if they can see the air they are breathing.

But that's OK. If anything else I have said is confusing please speak up. I'll do my best to try and get it better next time.

In the OJ case, Johnny had a whole war room of amazing lawyers that used every angle that can be used to get an acquittal. And it worked. AT least until the case went to civil court where the standards are a bit less... stringent.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

5. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Saddened by just2cents is saddened by this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7