Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Projecting Power

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Swimmer: You don't believe in "predestination", do you........or do you?......mac
    I don't presume to know the Mind of God, but, no, I don't believe in predestination. For me, that knocks out freedom of choice. I don't know how He works it, but I imagine one day, I will be standing there while some heavenly being pronounces to the assemble masses; "All y'all got it wrong. Good try for some, but some of y'all are full of ####. Welcome to heaven, and now let me tell you how the cow really ate the cabbage". Yes, it's a Texan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    I don't presume to know the Mind of God, but, no, I don't believe in predestination. For me, that knocks out freedom of choice. I don't know how He works it, but I imagine one day, I will be standing there while some heavenly being pronounces to the assemble masses; "All y'all got it wrong. Good try for some, but some of y'all are full of ####. Welcome to heaven, and now let me tell you how the cow really ate the cabbage". Yes, it's a Texan.
    'ppreciate it. i don't understand how it's possible, then, to believe that your days are numbered but........so be it.....mac
    Don't ask f'r rights. Take thim. An' don't let anny wan give thim to ye. A right that is handed to ye f'r nawthin' has somethin' the matter with it. It's more than likely on'y a wrong turned inside out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    'ppreciate it. i don't understand how it's possible, then, to believe that your days are numbered but........so be it.....mac
    Job 14:5 - Seeing his days [are] determined, the number of his months [are] with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass; (KJV)

Psalm 39:4-7 King James Version (KJV)

4 Lord, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is: that I may know how frail I am.
    5 Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Selah.
    6 Surely every man walketh in a vain shew: surely they are disquieted in vain: he heapeth up riches, and knoweth not who shall gather them.
    7 And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee

James 4:14 King James Version (KJV):

14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

John 10:28-30 (KJV):

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.

So, no worries about my mortal life.

SO..... I don't know the number of days - but I know they are numbered. God knows all. Can he change His Mind? Anytime. Remember that he was going to destroy everyone in Sodom and Gommorah, but let Job live. There are many anecdotal stories of near death experiences, where people are told "it's not your time, et", by a heavenly being. Did God change His mind, or did He already have other ideas?

Isaiah 55:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
    9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

This one, I will take to the bank. I do not presume to know the Mind of God. My infinite mind cannot comprehend the Infinite. I just do the best I can.
    Last edited by txswimmer; May 14th, 2019 at 12:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wow, did this get derailed.
    Anyone heard about a second carrier group going to the mid east?
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

5. Thanks just2cents thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post
    Wow, did this get derailed.
    Anyone heard about a second carrier group going to the mid east?
    there are no longer any B 52s in Nebraska or Louisiana.....
    Don't ask f'r rights. Take thim. An' don't let anny wan give thim to ye. A right that is handed to ye f'r nawthin' has somethin' the matter with it. It's more than likely on'y a wrong turned inside out.

7. Thanks Mestral thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They have been talking about it on TV all day. Supposedly, Trump and Bolton got bad info on Iran getting set to do harm to US troops, but other intelligence sources say it was real and not faked. So in order to err on the side of safety, and assuming that Iran was planning devious stuff, Trump decided to move stuff around on the chessboard just to keep them honest.

Supposedly there are a number of idiot nations who would rather just put up with a nuclear Iran just as long as it doesn't get in the way of the supply of gas. The Italian Navy sent a warship to confront an American carrier in the gulf in order to register their dislike of the US getting in the way of their oil shipment from Tehran.

The sanctions Trump has in place has hurt Iran to the point that they are having to do a Kim and resorting to threats. So far mostly on Americas "allies" but also planting rumors about harming troops as well.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard something the other night that implicated Saudi Arabia in vandalizing some of our tankers, and then blaming Iran. The Saudis would love it if we would wipe Iran off the face of the earth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I heard something the other night that implicated Saudi Arabia in vandalizing some of our tankers, and then blaming Iran. The Saudis would love it if we would wipe Iran off the face of the earth.
    Iran would love to call this a false flag attack on our tankers,
    but I am skeptical. Iran has all of the bombmaking (for mines)
    infrastructure to do this, and I don't think Saudi Arabia does.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

11. Thanks txswimmer thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Iranians are good at showing what they have. The Saudis are a little more secretive. Would you be surprised if the Saudis had a couple of nukes? I wouldn't. Not that they build them, but I am sure they could have easily purchased one or two from Russia or China. They have more money than Iran, and a tighter stranglehold on media and human intel sources, so I would not be surprised if they had an arsenal of weapons of various sorts that no one knows about.

13. Likes shawnricheson liked this post
    LOL Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Saddened by Mestral is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The "news" report I heard said that it was Saudi tankers that had been rammed by the Iranians. The picture they displayed definitely showed a ramming injury to the lower extremity of the tanker's hull.

Le mot catholique n’est pas un gros mot.

15. Thanks txswimmer thanked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast