Thread: The Masters

Post Thanks / Like

The Masters

Check this out, this guy just made a lot of money.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/mas...ld-be-historic
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a ABT guy. With his background I don't understand why so many cheer for him.

In case you don't know ABW stands for Anyone But Tiger.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

3. Likes Ricky, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care for Tiger, however I do enjoy watching him blow a lead usually in the third round. That guy that bet $85,000 on him at 14 to 1 made out like a fat cat.
    Last edited by Ricky; April 14th, 2019 at 4:39 PM.

5. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love watching Tiger. His recovery shots are art. He is great for golf. Personal lives of other people are their own business. So are their politics for that matter. Nike has a new commercial out already and it is awesome. Tiger pocketed 2 million 70 thousand today in winnings but that is a drop in the bucket to what he is about to make. I take a lot of crap for liking him and that's fine. I like of a lot of people that are a bit un popular for different reasons. some day I will tell you why I like Bill Clinton.
    Last edited by fchafey; April 14th, 2019 at 5:14 PM.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Being a duffer myself, I have a great respect for anyone who can earn the Green Jacket at the Masters. I truly detest the Tiger Woods as a human being but at the same time I have a great respect for his game.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

8. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love watching Tiger. His recovery shots are art. He is great for golf. Personal lives of other people are their own business. So are their politics for that matter. Nike has a new commercial out already and it is awesome. Tiger pocketed 2 million 70 thousand today in winnings but that is a drop in the bucket to what he is about to make. I take a lot of crap for liking him and that's fine. I like of a lot of people that are a bit un popular for different reasons. some day I will tell you why I like Bill Clinton.
    I believe the total purse payout was 11.5 million ... 50th place paid out $28,980

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a golf fan.. To me it is like watching grass grow or paint dry or the Rangers play....

Not a TW fan either as he has had so many choice problems lately, but it is nice to see him get back in the game and be successful, Maybe it is a sign of a turnaround in his life, which would be nice. Many of us have had to hit bottom before we started looking up.

Perhaps now that he has his game together, the rest of him will follow.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

11. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    Personal lives of other people are their own business. .
    wow....totally disagree with this one. I mean, there are so many people who get horribly hurt and so many lives utterly torn apart, shattered because of what someone may do in their "personal" life.....mac

13. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    LOL Rick LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I believe the total purse payout was 11.5 million ... 50th place paid out $28,980
    Last place (4 tied for 62nd) paid a little over 25K. Interesting Bernhard Langer was one of them. not that he needs money either...though I loved watching the tournament, I had to stifle the ever so maudlin Jim Nantz.....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

15. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The president will award Mr. Wood with the presidential Medal of Freedom for his win yesterday.

From the WSJ: "President Trump said on Monday that he intends to present golfer Tiger Woods with the nation’s highest civilian award, the presidential Medal of Freedom, following his dramatic win at the Masters. "

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-t...om-11555350329
    John Daly

17. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post