Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Brackets 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    my back started deteriorating in my 40s, with no explanation.
    Desert Shield / Desert Storm vet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    Desert Shield / Desert Storm vet?
    No, I was out in 1986. I have been tested for every known cause, and found wanting. Officially a "medical anomaly". One orthopod actually apologized for putting me through so many tests, but, he said, "medicine loves to study its anomalies".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    No, I was out in 1986. I have been tested for every known cause, and found wanting. Officially a "medical anomaly". One orthopod actually apologized for putting me through so many tests, but, he said, "medicine loves to study its anomalies".
    Well, medicine loves to make money... I discovered that when I was working for the city and covered under S and W HMO services that I never got a referral, especially if it was from another provider. When I switched to Medicare, all of a sudden I got tons of referrals all to a S and W facility....

Then I figured it out. If a S and W doctor refers one of his patients to another HMO service, S and W loses money. Even when they refer to a S and W clinic they lose money. One doctor actually told me that they keep points on doctors who refer patients that cost the HMO money... Medicare and Tricare are like dangling a huge bag of money in front of an HMO who has a vacuum cleaner.

I thought it was sort of funny that after going to an Otho doc and not getting any results, and then reading the cost to my HMO I was told finally that they could do nothing for me. Well, they sure made a bundle getting around to that conclusion.

Unnecessary and duplicate testing are part of the reason for soaring health care costs. I look at my GP as simply a clearing house agent that gets me coordination to see a doctor who actually knows what to do. Which usually results in that doctor referring me to another guy ad infinitum.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

4. Thanks CenTexDave, txswimmer thanked this post
    Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Allan Samuels Chevy in Waco just gave Kim Mulkey a new 2019 Corvette Z06 for winning.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

6. Likes txswimmer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy cow... that car costs over $180,000 off the rack. And Chevy does not do discounts or specials on Corvettes. Usually each year the cost of a vette is $20K to $30K over the previous year model, and once you drive it off the lot it loses half its value.

But then, Kim could probably afford a garage full of these cars on her base salary a year alone. And, she needs 800 HP to get to the game quickly, right.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

8. Likes txswimmer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    2019 Chevrolet Corvette Z06/MSRP starts at $80,900 that's for a base model
    Horsepower: 650 hp
    Engine: 6.2 L V8

The ZR1 2dr Coupe starts at $120,900
    Horsepower: 755 hp
    Last edited by Ricky; April 9th, 2019 at 9:14 PM.
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

10. Thanks sojourner truth, txswimmer thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I looked at the 2020 models a few weeks back and the tag on the Z06 on the lot at All American was around $100K. But then that is in Killeen. You can get them a lot cheaper from a dealer in Chicago or other sites that sell them for a bare minimum profit for a lot less. The ZR1 I looked at (a 2019) was going for $125,000 and that was at the end of the year.

The second salesman I got was at least honest enough to let me know that GM doesn't allow deals on Corvettes. No service member friendly deals, no discounts or dollars off for any reason. But then that is a local dealer here in Killeen. I am almost sure that anywhere else they go for a lot cheaper than the local "servicemans friend" dealers. I used to go up to Burkburnett to get my cars because they were always cheaper there than anywhere else in Texas or Oklahoma. Not sure if that is the case, but I will never buy a new car in Killeen again...

When I bought my 2013 Corvette Grand Sport the salesman that sold it to me was as crooked as a dogs hind leg and tried to tell me it was a new C7 2014 model. I then showed him the vin and told him he was full of BS. Got a different salesman and actually got a fairly decent deal on it.

Still, I am a bit saddened by the fact that the players are forbidden getting "gifts" like this as they were the ones out there sweating and hustling to get Kim her job security.

I was going to get a Dodge Hellcat, and have a friend who owns the dealership get it for me, but he sold the car before it even got to the lot for a $20K profit to some dummy who was wanting one in the worst way. Can't blame a guy for taking some fools money like that though....

12. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now I just read they gave her the Vette to use for one year. Think I remember seeing a pic of her driving one last year. Maybe it's an annual thing for them.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

14. Thanks txswimmer thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    WACO, TX — Lady Bears Basketball Coach Kim Mulkey will be presented with a Corvette by Allen Samuels for her National Championship victory.

She will have the Corvette to enjoy for an entire year.

Mulkey has received a Corvette for a year with every victory - and this year's Corvette will come with extra "sizzle". Allen Samuels said they selected a special edition Corvette, the 2019 Corvette Z06.

“We are thrilled for the Lady Bears and Baylor Nation upon winning another championship. The Bears are all about performance, and we think Coach will be more than impressed with the looks and performance of this Z06,” said Robert Reck, General Manager of Allen Samuels Chevrolet Buick GMC in Hearne, the presenting dealership.

Coach Mulkey’s Corvette presentation date has yet to be determined, but past tradition has seen her in the Corvette as part of a special championship parade in downtown Waco. Time and date for a parade has not yet been announced.

The Lady Bears defeated Notre Dame 82 to 81 for the National Championship on Sunday. Mulkey was also named AP's 2019 women's college basketball coach of the year .
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

Post Thanks / Like
    There were dealers in the D/FW area earlier this year advertising "$12,000 off MSRP" on leftover 2018 Corvettes. Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine was one..and they're the number 1 Chevy dealer in the world...
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast