Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DC

Post Thanks / Like

DC

Whoop! In May my son graduates from A&M and to celebrate I am taking him to DC in June. This is a trip the both of us have wanted to take for a long time so we are super excited.

I have already requested a tour of the White House, Capitol and FBI. Aside from all the monuments and museums, any other suggestions on things to do and places to eat?
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whoop! In May my son graduates from A&M and to celebrate I am taking him to DC in June. This is a trip the both of us have wanted to take for a long time so we are super excited.

I have already requested a tour of the White House, Capitol and FBI. Aside from all the monuments and museums, any other suggestions on things to do and places to eat?
    Have lunch at the White House - I read that McDonalds delivers.

3. LOL CenTexDave, Ricky, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both Smithsonian museums--the 'regular' and the Air & Space Museum.
    Maybe the Zoo. Used to be "big" when I was a kid, due to the pandas and the original 'Smokey Bear'. Think all three have since died.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoyed the Treasury tour. The Smithsonian Air and Space is awesome as well as the museum with the Whales in it.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

6. Likes Ricky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My wife was stationed there for 3 years and loved the Lincoln memorial and reflecting pool and the Washington monument...

I have always wanted to see the cherry blossoms along the Potomac in spring. I hear it is beautiful.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

8. Likes Ricky, Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know your schedule but the changing of the guard at Arlington is truly humbling.....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

10. Likes CenTexDave, Gramps, kantwin, Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If your son is old enough, K street used to be fairly exciting at night.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

12. LOL fchafey, Ricky, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post

sorry, but it's just one of my pet peeves and I just can't help myself. Actually, "In May A&M graduates your son". btw, congratulations to both, he and you.......

as far as gettin' something to eat......just for a hoot, swing by 5 guys, it's less than 2 blocks away from the white house, but don't order a burger, order their "kosher hot dog".....it'll definitely hold you till supper.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can work in a 20 mile side trip, a visit to Mount Vernon in interesting.
    "Any Society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman

15. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    I enjoyed the Treasury tour. The Smithsonian Air and Space is awesome as well as the museum with the Whales in it.
    Be nice now ... maybe those three large ladies have a low metabolism rate.
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

17. LOL Night Owl, fchafey, xzochye LOL'd at this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast