Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both Smithsonian museums--the 'regular' and the Air & Space Museum.
    Maybe the Zoo. Used to be "big" when I was a kid, due to the pandas and the original 'Smokey Bear'. Think all three have since died.
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    I enjoyed the Treasury tour. The Smithsonian Air and Space is awesome as well as the museum with the Whales in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    My wife was stationed there for 3 years and loved the Lincoln memorial and reflecting pool and the Washington monument...

I have always wanted to see the cherry blossoms along the Potomac in spring. I hear it is beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    Don't know your schedule but the changing of the guard at Arlington is truly humbling.....
    These are all on our list!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If your son is old enough, K street used to be fairly exciting at night.
    Knowing you I am scared to ask....exciting how? He is 22 so he is old enough for whatever....We both enjoy a good beer so we will check out a local brewery or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    sorry, but it's just one of my pet peeves and I just can't help myself. Actually, "In May A&M graduates your son". btw, congratulations to both, he and you.......

as far as gettin' something to eat......just for a hoot, swing by 5 guys, it's less than 2 blocks away from the white house, but don't order a burger, order their "kosher hot dog".....it'll definitely hold you till supper.....mac
    Sorry Mac, when traveling we do not eat at chain places.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    If you can work in a 20 mile side trip, a visit to Mount Vernon in interesting.
    I really want to try and work this in! Right now it is a bit of a waiting game because we will not find out until 2 weeks before our trip if we get to tour the White House and FBI.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

2. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    Knowing you I am scared to ask....exciting how? He is 22 so he is old enough for whatever... We both enjoy a good beer so we will check out a local brewery or 2. ...
    No, you don't know me. You may have an image of me in your mind based on what I have posted here, and that could come close to who I am now. But, you cannot imagine me when I was still in uniform and visiting Wash. D.C. The difference is the same as the difference between light and darkness.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

4. LOL xzochye LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Be nice now ... maybe those three large ladies have a low metabolism rate.
    Maybe it's a thyroid condition.

6. LOL Night Owl, Ricky, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The point is, there are so many wonderful things to see, it takes more than a few days to even get around to half of them.

My dream trip is to visit Gettysburg and take a few days to see more than the canned tours they provide.

I hope you both have a great time. It is quality time for bonding, and very educational... Just stay away from congress.. AT least if you are carrying any money.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

8. Likes xzochye liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The point is, there are so many wonderful things to see, it takes more than a few days to even get around to half of them.

My dream trip is to visit Gettysburg and take a few days to see more than the canned tours they provide.

I hope you both have a great time. It is quality time for bonding, and very educational... Just stay away from congress.. AT least if you are carrying any money.
    While I was in the Boy Scouts, Troop 82, Wall, NJ, I had the privilege to spend many a weekend over the years at Gettysburg as well as Valley Forge. Got the Frozen Nose 'n, Toes Award for winter camping. Neat places and go in the Spring.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

10. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to do a whole Civil War tour of the entire east coast. If only money wasn't an issue...LOL
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

12. Likes Night Owl, fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are many great places to see outside of DC. My last tour was at Ft Monroe, VA and we went to the local battlefields, including the Yorktown Battlefield where the English surrendered to Washington and the nation won its independence. It's less than a 2 hour drive from DC.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

14. Likes xzochye, fchafey liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2