Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WACO ISD Supt Position Soon Open

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have to think if this was just an ordinary teacher, not only wouldn't it be news but I bet they are quietly fired and move away.....Teachers only make the news if they are banging their students....
    "I hit the ball as hard as I can. If I can find it, I hit it again" John Daly

2. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I he was Super in Laredo - no wonder he smokes pot. He was one of two black people in that town, and the pressure had to be enormous. Plus, weed is usually ignored in Laredo, unless you have several hundred pounds.

4. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    From KWTX website:
    "ROBERTSON COUNTY, Tex. (KBTX)- Waco ISD Superintendent A. Marcus Nelson has entered a plea agreement that could have his misdemeanor marijuana charge dismissed if he completes a 90-day diversion program.

"That's a common option we offer to offenders who have cooperated and have no criminal history," said District Attorney Coty Siegert. "If he goes 90 days without any problems, his charge will be dismissed."
    Nelson was also ordered to pay a $500 fine as part of the deal. The agreement was signed Friday morning, said Siegert.
    Nelson was arrested by a DPS trooper earlier this month in Robertson County following a traffic stop on U.S. 190 south of Hearne.
    Troopers say Nelson was driving his 2007 GMC Yukon in the left lane of the highway and not passing other vehicles.
    "During the stop, the trooper smelled marijuana and conducted a search of the vehicle," said DPS spokesman Sgt. Jimmy Morgan.
    He was charged with possession of marijuana less than 2 ounces and was released 12 hours later, on his own recognizance, according to online records."

Normal.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I figured as much.... Maybe they will put him in SAC for his misdeeds.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

7. LOL Ricky LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope he gave his lawyer a huge hug.....
    "I hit the ball as hard as I can. If I can find it, I hit it again" John Daly

9. Thanks Johnny Frederick thanked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The decision on release or retention of Superintendent Nelson, who came to Waco two years ago on a five-year contract, will be made today. My guess is that they will vote to keep him because if they don’t then they will have to pay out the nose – or, more precisely, the taxpayers will. Nelson is being paid $272,000 per year. With that kind of outflow, can they afford to hire another superintendent? I doubt it.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe, but I'm sure in his contract there has to be a clause about breaking the law.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why is there even any controversy with this whole thing?

If this guy was anyone else in a regular position, he would have been handed his hat and got his severance pay already.

Near as I can connive is that he must have one of those jobs like most CMs do where they have a monster payout if he leaves and the city of Waco would just as soon keep a doper to run their schools as pay out the big money.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

13. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the Waco ISD has an employment statement that allows employees "three strikes", as long as none of the offenses are sex crimes, theft from the ISD, felony assaults, or property crimes...
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    According to the Fox 44 News Channel he resigned.
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast