Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: American Alliance of Football

Post Thanks / Like
    Ridiculous. I'd watch the games whenever I remembered one was on. Thought it was a decent brand of football.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ridiculous. I'd watch the games whenever I remembered one was on. Thought it was a decent brand of football.

Me too... But it was difficult to figure out when and where to switch channels to in order to watch a game. Once I had that figured out, I was a regular watcher. Going to miss the games though, and seeing the talent of a lot of really great players who have not been picked up by NFL teams for one reason or other. I was talking to a coach friend the other day who frequently texts and talks to guys who are NFLers or on their training team rosters, and he told me that a lot of these teams will sign a really talented player and then sandbag them so other teams cannot sign them. They put them on their training squads, pay them a few hundred thousand a year, and they are happy for the most part. Think of it like baseball and their AAA teams where the players are there and just waiting for their time in the big tent.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

3. Likes CenTexDave, fchafey, TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think half their problem was lack of advertising. At least let fans know when the games are on TV. They started on CBS, then went to CBS Sports network, which few get unless you have cable/satellite. Then onto the NFL Network - same thing.
    I thought it was a joke the first couple of games I watched - the QBs couldn't hit the broadside of a barn from 10 yards, and WRs always dropping the ball. But after a couple of weeks it improved dramatically and some really good football. Still LOL when I'd watch Trent Richardsos. The announcers tried building him up by always mentioning he was leading the league in TDs. But they never mentioned he only averaged 2.5 YPC. As a former Browns' #1 pick I would ROTFLMAO.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

5. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Their problem was money. As in not enough of it pouring in to make them happy.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

7. Likes fchafey liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3