Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Conference Championships

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. The Patriots are on their way to their third consecutive Super Bowl, 5th in the last 8 years, 9th in the last 18th seasons. One might think that it is certainly Alabama'esque…….Roll Chowder anyone?
    Last edited by fchafey; January 21st, 2019 at 7:27 AM.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

2. LOL kantwin LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still can't get over the absolute brutality of the roughing the passer call on Brady. If you are even a bit queasy, don't click on the link. Don't let your kids see it. The Chiefs should be banned from the league for that call alone. {/sarcasm}
    Last edited by kantwin; January 21st, 2019 at 7:47 AM.

4. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave, fchafey LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it was an issue with Fox. I have Direct Tv and it went out for too.
    Me too. Don't know if it was FOX or DirecTV, but this is not the first time this has happened. ST stated ESPN went out - the game wasn't on ESPN.
    Last edited by CenTexDave; January 21st, 2019 at 10:47 AM.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Glad to see the Rams beat the Saints, but that was a bad non call for pass interference at the end of the 4th.
    Two badly missed pass interference non-calls on the RAMS. The first should have been called on that pass to Ginn, Jr. Even Ray Charles could have seen that one. And the one late in the game Little Stevie Wonder could have seen it.
    Am really beginning to think these refs should be fired.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep... it was on Fox sports.

And the refs are catching hell today about the missed pass interference call. They are even talking something about Godell getting involved. The reffing has really gotten bad this year. And it seems the home team gets all the breaks while the visitors get all the flags. That and the enormous amount of time the game is focused on the refs and not the game being played. It is getting ridiculous. Especially the time it takes to get a review done. I was thinking last night how it was nice to be deciding a call sitting in a nice cozy NYC studio while the players are all standing around in 5 degree weather.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

8. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those non-calls didn't help either home team yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like
    One might think football is coming around to baseball. Teams scout out who the home plate ump will be on any given game and adjust their strike zone accordingly. This year I have noticed when reading the betting line on games, it now includes who is the referee how many flags thrown and what is his most popular call etc.....I often wondered why in college games, especially bowl games, the announcers would mention where the official came from. I wonder if each different conference has their own peculiarities when it comes to calls and non calls. Anyway, one thing is for sure, the refs blew that one and NO couldn't over come it.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

11. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    I still can't get over the absolute brutality of the roughing the passer call on Brady. If you are even a bit queasy, don't click on the link. Don't let your kids see it. The Chiefs should be banned from the league for that call alone. {/sarcasm}
    Yea, that was BS, but then again the Chiefs last TD was on a blatant pick, and Belichick slammed it on the ground when the official ignored him then he picked it up and tossed it. Funny as hell.
    John Daly

13. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2