Thread: Criminals Fined

Post Thanks / Like

Criminals Fined

The criminal conspiracy known as Austin, Texas has been found guilty of violating Texas' open carry law and fined $9,000. I understand the limitless city may be in line for similar treatment.
    AUSTIN — The Texas attorney general on Thursday applauded a Travis County district court ruling finding the city in violation of the state's "open carry" law by banning firearms inside City Hall and assessed a $9,000 fine for the violation.
    "The district court's ruling preserves and protects the Second Amendment rights of Texans and sends a strong message to the city of Austin that they are bound by the same laws as all other Texans," Attorney General Ken Paxton said in a prepared statement. "The city of Austin cannot violate the open carry law or any other law the Texas Legislature has enacted simply because they disagree with it."
    The court decision was the culmination of a lawsuit filed by Paxton to compel Austin to comply with the law enacted Jan. 1, 2016. The "open carry" law was crafted by conservative lawmakers to allows gun owners to openly carry their weapons as an expression of Second Amendment rights. The city — which bans guns as a safety issue where sometimes combative council meetings are staged — is expected to appeal the decision of the court on Thursday. If so, Paxton said he was ready.
    Source: https://patch.com/texas/downtownaust...open-carry-law

2. Likes madasheck, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    $9,000 is a drop in the bucket. Shoulda been $25,000 at a minimum, preferably $100,000 - $500,000.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shotgun Jeremy; January 17th, 2019 at 7:28 PM.

4. Likes madasheck, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert II View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The criminal conspiracy known as Austin, Texas has been found guilty of violating Texas' open carry law and fined $9,000. I understand the limitless city may be in line for similar treatment.
    what in the hell did Killeen do? Must've happened while I was in the hospital......mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun Jeremy View Post
    $9,000 is a drop in the bucket. Shoulda been $25,000 at a minimum, preferably $100,000 - $500,000.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    I believe there's also a daily fine imposed by the state attorney general's office.

Quote Originally Posted by mac
    what in the hell did Killeen do? Must've happened while I was in the hospital......mac
    I understand that police station prohibits open carry in violation of the law and a complaint has already been made.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yet another reason I like Copperas Cove. No problems open carrying over here! Just follow the state/federal laws, and the city will support you.

8. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert II View Post
    I believe there's also a daily fine imposed by the state attorney general's office.

I understand that police station prohibits open carry in violation of the law and a complaint has already been made.
    PD is not in trouble because they have a jail. City Council has banned open carry at meetings, which they are allowed to do, but the rest of the City (except the court) have no ban.
    Last edited by txswimmer; January 18th, 2019 at 11:31 AM.

10. Thanks just2cents thanked this post