Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Keep Pigs

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems that, except for the rare exception, aimed fire in combat is a concept of the past. We should just issue 10 or 12 gauge shotguns to our "riflemen/persons" and we would save a lot of money.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When my wife was in Desert storm, the post office had a list of what we could and could not send them in a "care package". Pork was number one on the list. Imagine my surprise when she sent me a picture of her sitting on her cot eating a Christmas dinner of... You guessed it, baked ham....
    I recall that the US Government strongly advised against using a particular stamp when sending letters to US forces in Desert Shield / Desert Storm, because the image on the stamp "might offend the Saudis".
    This was the stamp -

It seems that the US government thought that the female uncovered head would be offensive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture-1.jpg  

3. LOL sojourner truth, txswimmer LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It seems that, except for the rare exception, aimed fire in combat is a concept of the past. We should just issue 10 or 12 gauge shotguns to our "riflemen/persons" and we would save a lot of money.
    yep, that's true in general although I've served with some mighty fine snipers......but by and large you're exactly correct.........mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I can remember the way we felt when we went from M14s to M16s, and then seeing how much more full auto was used after the switch.

I still say the M14 was one fine combat rifle, no matter how much the ammo weighed. And, I am surprised the Army is still using 5.56 ammo instead of something a bit more accurate. I have a lot of friends that prefer the 6.5 Creedmore now. I hear it is a great round. Had a friend at church who already got his first buck of the season with one a few weeks ago.

If you ask a Marine, many of the old timers still talk about the old Springfield with reverence and awe.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

6. Likes txswimmer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Well, I can remember the way we felt when we went from M14s to M16s, and then seeing how much more full auto was used after the switch.

I still say the M14 was one fine combat rifle, no matter how much the ammo weighed. And, I am surprised the Army is still using 5.56 ammo instead of something a bit more accurate. I have a lot of friends that prefer the 6.5 Creedmore now. I hear it is a great round. Had a friend at church who already got his first buck of the season with one a few weeks ago.

If you ask a Marine, many of the old timers still talk about the old Springfield with reverence and awe.
    i have 2 of the Springfields, one rechambered for .300 Win Mag, and one rechambered 7mm Rem Mag......both are tack drivers.....mac
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

8. Likes txswimmer liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2