Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NFL Week 17

Post Thanks / Like

NFL Week 17

I LMAO as the Steelers remained on the field hoping to see the Browns upset the Ravens. Too bad, Pissburgh.
    The Browns got screwed on that one yard touchdown run by Jackson, though - the ball was punched out of his hand before he broke the plane of the goal line. Browns scooped it up and returned it for a TD but was called back.
    This has been confirmed on ESPN's website. That play should have resulted in a 14 point revearsal, so instead of the Ravens winning 26-24 the Browns should have won it 33-17. Of course the Browns should be used to being
    screwed by the refs after that hose job in Oakland.
    Glad to see Dallas managed to beat the Giants. Now we get to watch Seattle come to Jerry's World next Saturday night and beat them.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

2. Likes gnatsum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about them Chiefs and Mahomes! Funny how the critics though he was a horrible recruiting choice.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

4. Likes CenTexDave, fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and I are watching the predictable post season coach firing now. It does make me wonder why more teams don't use the Patriots offensive plan. Pay off the referees and throw long and wait for the pass interference call to come.

Like the coach once said, a flags as good as a catch to them. Another old adage I learned yesterday was also a good one from John Madden..(This was during the Cowboys game). A knee is as good as 2 feet for an inbounds catch call.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

6. Likes Night Owl, birdfriend liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave, fchafey LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xzochye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about them Chiefs and Mahomes! Funny how the critics though he was a horrible recruiting choice.
    Same with all the Bears "know it alls" with Trubisky. I would like a KC-Chicago Superbowl....but alas I believe it will be a Saints-Patriots affair.....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    I LMAO as the Steelers remained on the field hoping to see the Browns upset the Ravens. Too bad, Pissburgh.
    The Browns got screwed on that one yard touchdown run by Jackson, though - the ball was punched out of his hand before he broke the plane of the goal line. Browns scooped it up and returned it for a TD but was called back.
    This has been confirmed on ESPN's website. That play should have resulted in a 14 point revearsal, so instead of the Ravens winning 26-24 the Browns should have won it 33-17. Of course the Browns should be used to being
    screwed by the refs after that hose job in Oakland.
    Glad to see Dallas managed to beat the Giants. Now we get to watch Seattle come to Jerry's World next Saturday night and beat them.
    I don't know where they got the 14 point reversal from. They did rule it a fumble recovered by the Browns at their own 7 yard line. So it clearly would have been a Browns TD were it not for the incompetent referees and their quick whistle.

Browns would have won by five.

The Browns should have challenged the spot late in the game when Baltimore was given a generous spot and a first down.

9. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ANy more, referees are responsible for as many points on the scoreboard than the players are. And yards gained. I would love to know the total of yards gained due to questionable or bad reffing calls this year alone.

I am not sure what is happening, but lately it appears that the refs are getting more play time than the players. Or has football gotten to the point where players are so good at making penalties that micro reffing is a true need in the game.

When I watch a Pats game, I try and keep track of just how many yards they get on called penalties. Probably about as many as they get when the refs ignore their obvious fouls by either looking the other way or simply being incompetent. That or, New England has some really deep pockets concerning influencing their calls.

And it has crept down into the college level games as well,
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    Same with all the Bears "know it alls" with Trubisky. I would like a KC-Chicago Superbowl....but alas I believe it will be a Saints-Patriots affair.....
    Believe it or not, but there are folks out there praying for a Cowboys/Texans Super Bowl...
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

12. Likes fchafey, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    Believe it or not, but there are folks out there praying for a Cowboys/Texans Super Bowl...
    I would like to see that happen, but think that a snowball has better chance of surviving in h-e-double hockey sticks than that dream.
    Last edited by Gramps; December 31st, 2018 at 4:47 PM.
    "Any Society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman

14. Likes gnatsum, Ricky, Night Owl, fchafey liked this post
    LOL Ricky, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My prediction is that the Cowboys will choke and get beaten in the first level playoff game. Go figure.

The Texans are another story. They are just plain old unpredictable. With the Cowboys you never know which team will show up. The one that can barely eke out a win based on more luck than talent, or the ones that look like football is from another planet they haven't visited yet. Whereas the Texans actually have a little bit of talent.

Post Thanks / Like
    What’s this NFL you speak of?

17. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast