Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: GOV SHUTDOWN

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The great Hussein said that he will separate kids from the adults who bring them here....hmmm Where was the outrage then?

2. Thanks shawnricheson, Mestral, fchafey, CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They had a report on last night that pretty well spelled out why the dems are so adamant on leaving the border open. They need 20 million more undocumented democrats to ensure them a permanent hold on the government. The plan is to get them to infiltrate traditionally red areas and then reproduce, making more future democrats.

What they said yesterday was to open the government first and THEN they would TALK about it. In other words, do absolutely nothing as they have done for years now. Lay down your guns and the we will discuss a deal. Right. I got some lakefront property in NTC for sale too.

I mean, we all know the democrats are lying dogs at best, and would do anything to keep and maintain power, and that includes everything from robbing every last working mans last dollar and compromising the safety of legal citizens. To me, that is about the farthest thing the founding fathers had in mind, and it certainly was not my motivation for serving for 20 years, that's for sure.

The ballot box has become more important to the leadership than the people they have been elected by to protect and serve them. The first American revolution was caused by leadership taxing people so that they could support others who were living far away. The next revolution will also be for taxation without representation for legitimate citizens.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

Post Thanks / Like
    What dem's think will happen?
    1) Trump declares National emergency
    2) Liberal Judge in CA enjoins Trump
    3) 9th circuit affirms injunction
    4) Supreme Court refuses case

What's really going to happen ?
    1) Trump slow plays the declaration threat
    2) Mitch stays firm and huddles rep's in the senate
    3) 800K gov employees quit
    4) Federal courts and IRS come to grinding halt
    5) Dem's file 50 investigations into trumps businesses and start impeachment proceedings
    6) Former section 8 welfare recipients light Nancy house on fire

Campaign time again and Trump's base grows by another 3-4 million.

The wall gets started and fox saturates the news with pictures of drug cartel cash being seized
    representing Mexico paying for the wall.
    Last edited by shawnricheson; January 11th, 2019 at 8:29 AM.

5. Likes CenTexDave, Dagobert II liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave, txswimmer LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, now they are all talking about temporary funding for some departments. Probably so people will get their handouts and benefits.

It got so bad yesterday that the MSM was showing clips of unemptied trash cans in the national mall... Or horror of horrors. And a case where a national park was defaced when un Ranger supervised visitors trashed rock formations and park benches.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

7. Likes CenTexDave, shawnricheson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They had a report on last night that pretty well spelled out why the dems are so adamant on leaving the border open. They need 20 million more undocumented democrats to ensure them a permanent hold on the government. The plan is to get them to infiltrate traditionally red areas and then reproduce, making more future democrats.
    Sojourner: Do you remember what news cast that was? I watched NBC but would like to you tube the one you saw......'ppreciate it......mac

Post Thanks / Like
    I am one of those people who think the wall is unnecessary and of little values, at least as currently envisioned by the administration. I lived on the border. No wall is insurmountable. (The President keep saying look at Israel. The border wall there is so heavily manned, and Israelis are a stone's throw across. Entirely different situation. Besides, The Palestinians who cross illegally, you can probably rest assured, ARE, indeed, terrorists).

What we need is a start up of the government, and 90 days to sign into law a comprehensive immigration program, including border security. If that can't be done, all Congressmen must resign - Senators and Representatives. Then, each State will draw new ones from a hat. They will be given 180 days. If the Prez refuses to sign whatever Congress comes up with, he and Pence must resign. Then, the Congress will pick one of their own on a secret ballot, with no nominations made. And on and on.

The deciders are worthless as a body - replace them all.

10. LOL CenTexDave, Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Saddened by Mestral, just2cents is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    I am one of those people who think the wall is unnecessary and of little values
    We agree on most of your statement but your belief on the wall.

Wall segments are quite effective and just a portion of his security proposal.

HOWEVER

What everyone is not seeing, is the wall is just the tip of the iceberg with whats going on.

The Globalists are coming after Trump and his family, so Trump is in survival mode.

I believe God put him in this position for reasons that will be very clear soon.

When the 800k government workers are driven into bankruptcy and the
    Federal Courts are crippled, this war will be taken
    to an entirely new level.

At the point the 800K are losing their homes - all the dirty little secrets will
    suddenly become extortion material.

We are talking over 3K FBI agents not getting paid as well.

Look closely how fast the new AG slips into position and tell me I am wrong.

Trust me - it will be glorious.

12. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes madasheck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am one of those people who think the wall is unnecessary and of little values, at least as currently envisioned by the administration. I lived on the border. No wall is insurmountable. (The President keep saying look at Israel. The border wall there is so heavily manned, and Israelis are a stone's throw across. Entirely different situation. Besides, The Palestinians who cross illegally, you can probably rest assured, ARE, indeed, terrorists).

What we need is a start up of the government, and 90 days to sign into law a comprehensive immigration program, including border security. If that can't be done, all Congressmen must resign - Senators and Representatives. Then, each State will draw new ones from a hat. They will be given 180 days. If the Prez refuses to sign whatever Congress comes up with, he and Pence must resign. Then, the Congress will pick one of their own on a secret ballot, with no nominations made. And on and on.

The deciders are worthless as a body - replace them all.
    Yea, I figured you would say that a wall is useless. Do you have a fence at your house? If so, why? Walls won't keep everyone out, no wall can. A wall can discourage and/or slow down people coming here illegally. But you know that already.

I will take the advice of what the Border Patrol states. I will paraphrase, "Walls work, walls allow us to better allocated resources to critical areas." But I know you think you know more about their job than they do.

Typical liberal think.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

14. Thanks Mestral thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Several of my old Army friends are Air Traffic Controllers, and are working since they are deemed "critical". Their pay stubs for this pay period says $0.00.
    At some point, I think regardless of what Federal law may say about being required to work without pay, even with the knowledge that any work will be compensated (paid), will be challenged in court. What are they going to do if the shutdown goes for another month? 2 months? Is the government going to give them interest for holding their pay?

16. Thanks shawnricheson thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am one of those people who think the wall is unnecessary and of little values, at least as currently envisioned by the administration. I lived on the border. No wall is insurmountable.
    Swimmer: The reason you think the wall is "unnecessary" is because your premise is all.......wet! No one on here, that I know of, has ever said that the wall will be, as you say, "insurmountable".......after all, everyone on here knows that to defeat a 40 meter high wall, all you need is a 41meter long ladder......

But walls are not meant to be "insurmountable".....like minefields, they are meant to slow folks down or to deny them quick access or to channel them to another area........(personally, I'm kind of s'prised that you didn't already know that).......would you not agree that walls do, indeed, have value as to slowing down traffic, making transit more difficult and/or dangerous or forcing folks to use a different crossing point? Would you not agree with that?.......mac
    Last edited by mac; January 11th, 2019 at 1:39 PM.

18. Likes shawnricheson liked this post
Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast