Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rick - it's over.
    https://youtu.be/V8lT1o0sDwI

2. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    MLB showed a nice tribute to Carrasco when he came back t the mound against the Rays during the Dbacks-Dodgers game. Then May, the pitcher for the Dodgers took one off the head. Anyway still got plenty of ball to play, I wouldn't say its over ….yet....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

4. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Statistically it's not over, but I saw nothing during this weekend series with Tampa that would cause me to change my mind.
    Puig is a waste - not hitting. Put him on the bench. Reyes is startng to hit, but nobody in front of him on base.
    One game Lindor and Santana show up, the other two they seem to take the day off. Their best hitter this weekend was sub INF Mike Freeman, who took over from Kipnis. No word on if Kipnis is hurt, but wouldn't surprise me.
    The bottom of the order is worthless. They will miss Naquin more than they realize. Bauers was called up and hopefully will provide some good bats.
    Plus the pitching, which looked so dominate up through end of July, is falling apart. The bullpen is now a disaster.
    If they are gonna get back into this they need to sweep the ChiSox, have Minnesota drop one or two, and then go into Minnesota and take 2 of 3. They cannot drop further back.
    Last edited by CenTexDave; September 2nd, 2019 at 8:46 AM.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

6. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We saw nothing on June 3rd to make us think they could make a run. They were 11.5 games out then

I remember many many years when they were truly out of it by the end of April. So I'll gladly stay optimistic when they have a shot at the beginning of September.

Top of the 8th, 10-3 over the White Sox tonight.

8. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    11-3 final. They feast on mediocre pitching. Just can't seem to hit good pitching. So still alive. Need to sweep the ChiSox, hope the Twins lose 1 or 2, then big weekend series with the Twins
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Boy, did they blow this one. Had a 5-2 lead thanks to a Lindor lead off the first with a HR and then a Perez HR.
    Clevinger went 7, 2 H, 2 ER, 7 Ks.
    Then Francona gets cute and decides to bring in Carrasco. Welcome back, Cookie, make an appearance before the home crowd. Two HRs later we're down 6-5 and that's it.
    People are also questioning his lineup Played some clown they picked up named Flaherty at 3B. Seems ol' Flaherty has bounced around the bigs for about 7 years. His lifetime batting average is .212.
    Everything I've read people are calling for Francona's head. The Tribe can't lose like this to a crappy team and expect to get to the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like
    As much as they tried, even Tito and Hand couldn't blow this one. Tribe wins 8-6. Took a 8-2 lead into the 8th. Bieber pitched well. Turned t over to Goody who promptly, without recording an out, gave up 2. Now 8-4.
    Come the 9th and here comes Hand. 4 hits and one walk later it's 8-6 with the bases loaded and one out. Tito pulls Hand. Wittgren managed to get us out of it.
    Better news is the Twins lost to the Red Sox. 5.5 back now. We've played one more game, so they have one to make up somewhere.
    After tonight, which we need to win and hopefully the Twins lose, we're off to Minnesota for a 3 game series. Have to take at least 2 of the 3 as we have the much tougher remaining schedule in having to play
    the Angels, Nats and Phillies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mercado had an amazing game saving catch with the bases loaded in the 9th.

13. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure did. That's 3 of those type of catches this year, yet he drops a routine fly ball when playing LF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    In defense of Hand, there were several strikes that he threw that were called as balls. Francona almost got tossed when he confronted the ump about it too.

16. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast