Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 2019 Cleveland Indians Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blowing another one. 6th inning and down 2-0. In a rain delay now. Tribe has 2 whole hits. Good news Tribe fans & guess who's leading MLB in batting? Michael Brantley. Thank you, Cheapskate Dolan
    Its an official game, might get called. That would hurt....was watching it, Civale was doing a good job. Syndegaard was doing a bit better....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

2. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, the Tribe just crushing the ball tonight. Two whole hits!!
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cleveland is home against the Royals this weekend. That should help heal some things.....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure hope so, but KC usually plays them tough and gives them fits.
    They need at least to take 3 of the 4. Anything less and they can make plans for October away from the ballpark.
    I have read dozens of comments involving the double play gaffe. Some blame Hand. Some blame Kipnis. Some blame Santana. The team captain is Kipnis. His job is to make sure they are all on the same sheet of music - where do we go if the ball is hit here or hit there. And if he isn't up to this, then Francona needs to take charge.
    It was a slow hit ground ball which pulled Santana away from the bag. I think in that situation he should have gone home and cut down the runner. But I'm not blaming him. Say what you want - it's on Hand. He's the idiot who gives up a lead off double, then walks a guy. Idiot needs to go.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

7. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also last night I noticed Mercado wasn't playing left field. Hand giving up a double and a walk, in fact was on him this time. You are right about that. For me it was really good to see the Mets play well against a team in contention. The Mets have the whole month against contenders after Cleveland. Another side thing, Cleveland had been in New York since early last week, they couldn't have been enjoying that too much wither. Schedule makers are evil sometimes.
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mercado needs to watch the Little League World Series to get a refresher course on how to catch a routine fly ball. He has, on occasion, made some highlight reel plays in CF, but can't be dropping a fly ball like that. He's better in CF than LF. Allen is better in CF than LF. Allen is a superb center fielder. Naquin is also fabulous, but prefers RF instead of LF. I believe Naquin is tired for most OF assists. But then what do you do with Puig if you put Naquin in RF? Puig has a cannon for an arm also. Somebody has to bite the bullet and play LF, and I think it should be Naquin. Also move him up to bat second. He's hitting .285 or so, has good speed. This batting Allen in the #2 spot is a joke, and Mercado has been slumping lately to move him down when he's in the lineup.

10. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tribe beats KC, 4-1. Did all their scoring in the 2d inning. Naquin 2 run double and Lindor 2 run HR. Then the bats went silent. I about crapped when Tito brought Hand in to close and he immediately gives up a hit to the first batter but he got out of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tribe beats KC, 4-1. Did all their scoring in the 2d inning. Naquin 2 run double and Lindor 2 run HR. Then the bats went silent. I about crapped when Tito brought Hand in to close and he immediately gives up a hit to the first batter but he got out of it.
    Sooo, hand is giving hand jobs. Go figure.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

13. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now Tito will think Hand is back to being the great closer he was 6 weeks ago. Not hardly. He gave up a hit to the first batter last night - a double. Then after throwing 2 strikes to the second batter, went to 3-2. Luckily the hitter then hit into a DP.
    Problem is, the Tribe really doesn't have anyone else who can close. Otero is on the IL, as is Olson and another couple relievers. Clippard is a possibility, but they like him as a set up man. Carrasco is now doing rehabs at AAA Columbus and throwing 97 mph. A couple more successful outings there and he should be back with the club. Doubtful he will have the stamina to start, but sure could help out in the bullpen.

15. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tribe takes another from KC, 4-2. Clevinger wasn't that sharp but got the win. Again, Tribe's bats are anemic.

Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast