Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 2019 Cleveland Indians Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I've noticed with the big three starters - Kluber, Carrasco and Bauer - they're usually only good for 6 innings. The wheels come off in the 7th. Announcers last night brought up that after the 6th (2 times through the batting order) opponents were hitting .450+ against Carrasco. Sure enough - gives up 4 runs.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

2. Thanks txswimmer, fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was waiting for AJ Hinch to say when he was asked by what's her name at ESPN, how to you prepare for a team that you know so well as they know you? I wanted him to say ask me again in the 7th inning.....but fo course it was some uber political nothing answer.....very early in the season. wake me up when in August....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One thing I've noticed with the big three starters - Kluber, Carrasco and Bauer - they're usually only good for 6 innings. The wheels come off in the 7th. Announcers last night brought up that after the 6th (2 times through the batting order) opponents were hitting .450+ against Carrasco. Sure enough - gives up 4 runs.
    Ya, I noticed that they were blowing the Astros all night long.

5. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a difference a year makes. Dolan being the cheapskate he is needs to sell the team to someone who wants a winner.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

7. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw them a couple times this year. They look pretty bad in the field. Also saw where Miller is a Cardinal. Then again it's only June and baseball doesn't really start until August 1st....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Pretty sorry team so far this year. No hitting whatsoever.

New pitcher, Plesac is looking good in his first two starts.

10. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    But some good up and coming talent - Allen is starting to hit, Oscar Mercado is a star in the making. Brad Zimmer now rehabbing in the minors. That should be their future OF. Will need all the help they can get when Lindor leaves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Don't forget, they dumped Chief Wahoo, now, they are 11.5 games out of first place.

13. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Serves them right. Dolan dumps the Chief in the face of a threat of losing this year's all-star game.
    He could have kept Brantley - Brantley was a bargain for the Astros and he's 4th in the AL in hitting. Santana for Encarnacion was even trade-off and Dolan saved some $. Letting Yan Gomes leave may have been his dumbest move.
    They bet on their starting pitching to carry them. They've been terrible.

15. Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Tribe had a good 5-2 win against first place Minnesota last night.

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast