Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rivalry Weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Rivalry Weekend

Some disappointing matchups during the Rivalry Weekend.
    Many of them were too lopsided, I thought.
    The LSU - Texas A&M was crazy at the end.
    And, in case you haven't heard - Roll TIDE!

Post Thanks / Like
    LSU-A&M was unreal. Great decision by all networks not to carry it (was on the SEC network), but we got such great games as Ok St-TCU, etc.
    Lopsided? Hope you were paying attention to the Buckeyes' dismantling of Michigan. 2014 ring a bell?
    The Heisman is boiling down to Tua, Kyler Murray and Dwayne Haskins.
    Go Buckeyes!!
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

3. Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm still trying to get my head around this whole "revenge tour" thing.

But I guess it gives the sorority an idea for some more t-shirts.

Those mutts up north can kiss my ass.

5. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Their Revenge Tour fell short yesterday. They pretty well blew out Penn State, Wisconsin and Mich State, but the Buckeyes arose to the occasion.
    Bucks are up #6 in the AP poll; the CFP rankings come out Tuesday evening. Probably be similar. They have a chance at making the CFP but will need help. Georgia, who will be ranked #4, will probably lose to Bama in the SEC Championship Game. Oklahoma-Texas in the Big 12 Championship Game is the key. Can the Horns beat them again?
    Last edited by CenTexDave; November 25th, 2018 at 4:32 PM.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought you might enjoy this: I read where if Georgia beats Alabama, they are in with Alabama, Clemson, and ND. However if/when Alabama wins, and Oklahoma wins, then they would be in, as they lost a game to a rival where, OSU lost by 29 to Purdue. Georgia beating Alabama would occur before either OSU or OU plays possibly making both those games irrelevant. Let the games begin. This system is so much better.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Texas-Oklahoma is at 11AM on Sat. Bama plays GA at 3PM. Clemson-Pitt and Ohio State-Northwestern both start at 7PM. So when the Buckeyes take the field they'll already know if they have a chance to make the CFP. IMO, nothing at all wrong with the Rose Bowl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Unless they blew out Northwestern, I don't think Ohio State should get in. They haven't had a consistent year of dominating opponents.

Big Ten Champs and Rose Bowl is just fine with me.

10. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plus the Rose Bowl has the Rose Parade and gives us a chance to see that great band perform during the parade. I wish the networks would show at least 1-2 minutes of each band’s performance during halftime but I realistically know that won’t happen. I just love ❤️ the marching bands!

12. Likes CenTexDave, Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    TBDBITL
    The Best Damn Band In The Land

14. Likes Rick liked this post
    LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The A&M game was awesome! So glad that my son's last game as an undergrad was an awesome one!

On a different note...Rick my son just might be a GA at UMHB next year....LOL
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

16. Likes Rick, CenTexDave liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast