Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Constitutional Carry

Post Thanks / Like

Constitutional Carry

It's back! Constitutional carry has been reintroduced as HB 357 in the Texas Legislature by Rep. Stickland.

If you support the recognition of your rights the way the constitution intended contact your state representative urging support of this bill.

2. Thanks Shotgun Jeremy, fchafey, CenTexDave, Ludwig thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave, madasheck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a link to a petition supporting constitutional carry. https://txgunrights.org/take-action/...ZxRTNPcwDxtrEw

4. Thanks Ludwig thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    BREAKING NEWS: Constitutional Carry takes another small step forward in the Texas House.
    Today, HB 357 was assigned to a committee and the bill joint authors and co-authors were announced.
    Thank you to author Rep. Jonathan Stickland, joint authors Rep. Kyle Biedermann, Rep. Mike Lang, Rep. Mayes Middleton, and State Rep James White, and co-authors Representatives Briscoe Cain, Cole Hefner, Matt Krause, Will Metcalf, Tom Oliverson, Representative Jared Patterson, Representative Matt Schaefer, State Representative Tony Tinderholt, Steve Toth for Texas, and Bill Zedler for your leadership!

The bill has been assigned to the Homeland Security Committee. We do not yet have a date for a committee hearing but we expect it will be on a Wednesday and hope it will be soon.

6. Thanks madasheck, fchafey, CenTexDave thanked this post
    Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll believe it when I see it become law. These every other year legislatures have turned into a bunch of do nothing/very little social clubs.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

8. Thanks Dagobert II, fchafey thanked this post
    Likes Dagobert II liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll believe it when I see it become law. These every other year legislatures have turned into a bunch of do nothing/very little social clubs.
    VERY true and with the appointment of Democrats as committee chairs this time around I'm very pessimistic about anything good getting done and fearful a lot of damage may ensue. It is past time we replace RINOs and Dems with Libertarians in my opinion.
    “For the first time in decades, a Speaker has appointed anti-gun Democrats to chair the two most important House Committees for Texas gun owners,” according to an article by The Texas Firearms Coalition.
    At issue: state Rep. Poncho Nevarez, D-Eagle Pass, who was named to head the Homeland Security & Public Safety Committee, and state Rep. Nicole Collier, D-Fort Worth, who was appointed to head the Criminal Jurisprudence Committee.

The fear this session is that anti-gun bills in the House will get hearings but “pro-gun bills either will not get a hearing or won’t get a committee vote in time to reach the House floor for debate and voting,” the Firearms Coalition article stated.
    It went on to encourage Texas gun owners to reach out to top Texas Republicans, including Gov. Greg Abbott, to weigh in on “Bonnen’s betrayal.”
    “The only way to prevent this from happening again is to make the political price of betrayal so high that no elected official can afford it,” according to the article.

Bonnen responded to the concerns on social media. He said his committee appointments “represent diverse views — just as any well functioning democracy should.”
    But he said he also named a majority of pro-gun members to committees that will consider gun legislation.
    “The fact that some fringe groups can’t count to 5 for a 9 member committee is really not my problem,” he wrote.
    And he believes committee chairs will “allow reasonable bills which reflect the values of Texans” to make their way through the session.
    “But as they say, talk is cheap,” Bonnen wrote. “So the final test will be what does or doesn’t happen when the gavel falls at the end of the 86th Legislative Session.”
    Source: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/p...225229025.html

10. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    and that's a good thing......a very good thing.....mac

12. Likes Mestral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    actually we don't need another stinkin' law.......it's the laws that are what's wrong anyway. What we simply need to do is revoke these onerous laws that interfere with our God given rights. To hell with any more additional laws piled on top of law on top of laws.....mac

14. Thanks sojourner truth, CenTexDave, Night Owl thanked this post
    Likes Dagobert II, madasheck, Mestral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is no longer a secret; Speaker Dennis Bonnen is blocking Constitutional Carry (HB357), and he is doing so with the help of anti-gun Democrat Poncho Nevarez. Time is of the essence, and we can no longer stand idly by. The time to act is now! Call Speaker Bonnen's office today at 512-463-1000 and demand that HB357 be made a priority in the House, and that it is on him to ensure a record vote on the House Floor! We only have until April 3rd to get it out of the HSPS Committee before time runs out! If it is not out by then, then HB357 will die without a floor vote! If there is no floor vote, then there is no record of who supports and who opposes Constitutional Carry!
    In Liberty, Derek WillsLone Star Gun Rights
    derek@lonestargr.com

16. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    From Lone Star Gun Rights
    Our phone calls are working! Speaker Bonnen's office is feeling the pressure, but we cannot let up! We are out of time! After April 3rd, the chances of getting Constitutional Carry passed into law plummets. There will still be time left for our Legislators to do the right thing, but it will only make our fight that much more difficult. Keep calling Speaker Bonnen at 512-4563-1000 and ask what his plan is for getting HB357 to the floor for a vote! If his staff tries to tell you that he is not responsible for the actions of the HSPS Committee, kindly remind them that the Speaker was the one who appointed an anti-gun Democrat as Chairman, and that he is responsible!

19. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast