Thread: Harvick penalized for rear spoiler mod after Texas win...and so were the 12 and 20.

Post Thanks / Like

Harvick penalized for rear spoiler mod after Texas win...and so were the 12 and 20.

The No. 4 Stewart-Haas Racing team has been issued an L1-level penalty following driver Kevin Harvick’s win Sunday at Texas Motor Speedway, an infraction that carries major championship implications in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.

The team violated Section 20.4.12 of the NASCAR Rule Book that is specific to spoilers. Spoilers must be used exactly as supplied from the manufacturer and not altered. The infraction was discovered in post-race tear down at the NASCAR Research & Development Center.

As a result, Harvick has been docked 40 driver points and the team loses 40 owner points as well. Harvick’s win at Texas no longer automatically qualifies the team for the Championship 4 in Miami. He will enter this weekend’s Round of 8 finale fourth among eight playoff drivers in the standings, three points above the cutline – should there be a tie for the final transfer spot, Harvick cannot use the Texas win in the tiebreaking procedure.
    PLUS... Nos. 12, 20 also penalized

• An L1-level infraction to the No. 12 Team Penske camp. Crew chief Jeremy Bullins is fined $50,000, and car chief Kirk Almquist is suspended for the next two races. Driver Ryan Blaney loses 20 driver points, and the team loses 20 owner points.

• An L1-level infraction to the No. 20 Joe Gibbs Racing team. Crew chief Chris Gayle is fined $50,000, and car chief Jason Overstreet is suspended for the next two races. Driver Erik Jones loses 20 driver points, and the team loses 20 owner points.
    https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...xas-40-points/
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Damn cheater. Harvick's losing me as a fan if this #### keeps up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang, someone forgot to tell Harvick to crash the rear spoiler during the winners celebration after the race. Oops, sorry sir, I didn't mean to back into the wall after the race.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn cheater. Harvick's losing me as a fan if this #### keeps up.
    a joe gibbs car got hit with the same exact gig........i would expect something like this from tony but.......jgr?......

i s'pose it's possible that harvick didn't know anything at all about the wing modification......but that's prob'ly wishful thinking on my part......mac
    Last edited by mac; November 7th, 2018 at 2:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Gibbs has a long history of getting caught.