Thread: Knights of Columbus Shotgun & Rifle Raffle

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Knights of Columbus Shotgun & Rifle Raffle

We are having a raffle. All proceeds will go to the Knights of Columbus Coats for Kids program which benefits kids in our local area. Both prizes have been donated, so every dollar generated by the raffle will go to the kids who need winter coats.

When: December 1, 2018

Prizes:

1st Prize: New Weatherby PA-08 Waterfowl MAX-5 12 GA 281

2nd Prize: Slightly used 7.62 Sig Sauer Rifle

Ticket cost: $10.00

Note: A positive NCIS background check is required to transfer ownership to the winner.

Contact me if you would like a ticket and I will arrange to meet you somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We raised $1,400.00 which was enough to purchase seven cases of coats. So 84 kids will be a little bit warmer this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    My church is , likewise, getting together our annual Christmas bags for the homeless.. So far we have over 400 bags of blankets, hygiene items, gloves, hats and other essentials. Just finished our drive for food items and set a new record too..

Tis the season, and I hope it lasts all year long.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

4. Likes Rick, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My church just brought in more than 450 Christmas presents requested by the homeless children in KISD and BISD. Only God knows what the total value of these gifts is in terms of $$ but each of them is priceless in terms of love.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Post Thanks / Like
    They used to have, probably still do, a Christmas package/toys box gift thing a few years ago. A pretty small gesture on the surface until you start getting back letters form some of these places where even getting a drink of safe water is a daily feat...

One other idea that my wife does every year is a gift of a Goat to a family somewhere. It seemed pretty silly to me at first, but then she explained how a goat or a cow or a pig was a gift that gave many times over... Milk, and then having other goats or cows, and then having a family that now has a family asset they never dreamed of having before.

Hendersons also does a free meal thing on Christmas day for the homeless in Killeen. They are not far from the shelter, and it is highly attended every time they have it. This is where we give our church donation bags annually.

It does my heart good to see such giving and care go out every year.

One other note... The Homeless shelter in Killeen takes in donations of items all year long. They have a list items that they frequently have a need for. Usually things like coffee, Creamer, sugar, soap powder (seems powder is easier to allocate out than liquid soap) plastic or paper plates and other items. I think they have a list you can get. I usually donate there 5 times a year or more. And they have 2 shelters. One for the homeless and another for battered women and their children.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

Post Thanks / Like
    A classic car club in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that I'm a member of did a toy drive for Toys For Tots up there. They raised $10,000 over the year (thanks to club sponsors and shows), then took it to a Walmart up there to buy toys. They wound up with 24(!?!) shopping carts worth of toys PLUS 20+ bicycles!!
    One of the sponsors used one of their delivery trucks to take the toys and bikes to a local fire station, who will distribute the toys with the U.S. Marine Corps.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

8. Likes sojourner truth liked this post