Thread: Kansas TV ratings

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Kansas TV ratings

UPDATE: The NASCAR Cup Series playoffs from Kansas earned a 1.7 rating and 2.75 million viewers on NBC last Sunday, flat in ratings and down a fraction of a percent in viewership from last year on NBCSN (1.7, 2.76M), and down 19% and 20% respectively from 2016 on NBC (2.1, 3.45M). Chase Elliott's win ranks as the lowest rated and least-watched Cup Series race on broadcast television since at least 2000. The previous lows were a 1.8 (two races) and 2.86 million (Charlotte last year).

--- Sports Media Watch ---
    While the network can make some difference in viewership, the big reason is that NA$CAR is boring...

"You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." -- Albus Dumbledore...

2. Thanks fchafey, madasheck, Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldProgrammer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

While the network can make some difference in viewership, the big reason is that NA$CAR is boring...
    I was a big fan, but haven't watched a boring race in the last two years. I would rather watch dirt track racing.

4. Likes TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    NASCAR needs to change their rules. Let them race. Let drivers fight. More bumping and rubbing. Drivers need to learn that it's a race and anything goes to win. Dang go back to when real men raced.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

6. Likes madasheck, TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    NASCAR is as boring anymore as the NHRA. For the last few years no quarter mile, and all the rules in NASCAR have really dulled the sport. I know it is all in the interest of safety and so little kid gets traumatized when a driver crashes and dies a fiery death....
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

8. Likes TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NASCAR is as boring anymore as the NHRA. For the last few years no quarter mile, and all the rules in NASCAR have really dulled the sport. I know it is all in the interest of safety and so little kid gets traumatized when a driver crashes and dies a fiery death....
    So it is PC. Rename it to PCNASCAR. I haven't watched a race in a few years.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

10. Likes fchafey, TheOldProgrammer liked this post