Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hillary's Security Clearance

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonder just how much of it CNN will report on....Comey is their Homey....
    "I hit the ball as hard as I can. If I can find it, I hit it again" John Daly

2. LOL shawnricheson, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnricheson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The domino's are starting to fall this week ...

At least the transcript will be made public. I don't know why it has to be a closed session.

4. Thanks shawnricheson thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Comey wanted an open session to prevent selective leaks from getting out. The agreement he made was to be able to release information on his own to counter any "leaking" the republicans might do.

Now, if Schiff were in the room, leaks would be a foregone conclusion. He is the worst, and it really frustrates the republicans because everyone knows who is doing the leaking but cannot do a thing to prove it.

Should be interesting to see what prompted him to let Hillary get off with just a show investigation. Maybe he feared for his life.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

6. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Likes shawnricheson, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Comey wanted an open session to prevent selective leaks from getting out. The agreement he made was to be able to release information on his own to counter any "leaking" the republicans might do.

Now, if Schiff were in the room, leaks would be a foregone conclusion. He is the worst, and it really frustrates the republicans because everyone knows who is doing the leaking but cannot do a thing to prove it.

Should be interesting to see what prompted him to let Hillary get off with just a show investigation. Maybe he feared for his life.
    I thought the agreement was that the full transcript would be released after 24 hours AND that Comey could talk about it all he wanted. That's why I couldn't understand the need for a closed session.

Comey reaches deal on House Republicans' subpoena, will testify Friday behind closed doors
    William Cummings, USA TODAY Published 5:15 p.m. ET Dec. 2, 2018 | Updated 8:21 p.m. ET Dec. 2, 2018

Former FBI James Comey retreated from his demand for an open hearing before the House Judiciary Committee and reached a deal to testify in private, his lawyer said Sunday.

David Kelley, an attorney for Comey, had contested a House subpoena ordering Comey to testify in court on Friday. Kelley told U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden it was the equivalent of "dragging (Comey) into a dark alley" and asked, "What is the purpose of keeping it out of the public eye?"

McFadden had deferred a decision until Monday. But Comey reached a deal with House Republicans to be questioned on Friday that promises a transcript of the interview will be released within 24 hours, and which permits Comey to speak publicly about what transpires, Kelley told The Associated Press on Sunday.

More: James Comey challenges GOP congressional subpoena as 'partisan harassment'

Comey, whom President Donald Trump fired in May 2017, had said he was concerned that his testimony would be selectively leaked by the Republican-controlled committee. A lawyer for Congress said Comey had no legal basis to fight the subpoena or to demand a public hearing.

Before Democrats take control next month, the GOP Judiciary Committee leaders wish to question Comey about his decision not to prosecute former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for her use of a private email server and about his role in the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

"Grateful for a fair hearing from judge," Comey tweeted on Sunday. "Hard to protect my rights without being in contempt, which I don’t believe in. So will sit in the dark, but Republicans agree I’m free to talk when done and transcript released in 24 hours. This is the closest I can get to public testimony."

Last edited by txswimmer; December 3rd, 2018 at 4:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The way I figure it - Comey wanted an open hearing so that he could continue to say, "I cannot answer that in this forum".
    With a closed session, he can answer, or should be compelled to answer, and the transcript can be redacted.
    He's trying to play the victim by saying that he wants a public testimony, and the big bad Republicans are not letting him.
    Last edited by kantwin; December 3rd, 2018 at 8:52 PM.

9. Thanks shawnricheson, Mestral thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    At least the transcript will be made public. I don't know why it has to be a closed session.
    because in open session the congressman only get's 5 minutes, plenty of time for a guy like komey to run the clock.....mac

11. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Likes Mestral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    because in open session the congressman only get's 5 minutes, plenty of time for a guy like komey to run the clock.....mac
    I said that a week ago to a friend of mine, and forgot to add that to my post.
    Thanks, mac

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2