Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh Sexual Assault Hearing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is what happens when Helicopter moms are left to raise children when fathers stop being responsible for their children. The nice thing is that America has been able to survive so many things that would have destroyed a lesser people. If we can live through the Obama years and still have a shirt on our backs, we are pretty tenacious.
    Not just the children of the "helicopter moms", but the kids who were raised in Conservative families, and chose to reject how they were raised, because they didn't get everything they wanted, or because Dad used the belt more than sound parenting skills, or the parents didn't let them date whoever they wanted, etc.

I've read of families over the years, in which Mom and Dad did everything right...but the kid CHOSE a different direction, one thay led to a different and lesser outcome than if they had stayed 'true" to their upbringing.

"Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

2. Thanks fchafey, Night Owl thanked this post
    LOL Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    because Dad used the belt more than sound parenting skills, or
    but the belt is a sound parenting tool!

4. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Likes Mestral, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The way you raise kids makes a huge difference, but there is always a point where the child starts deciding for himself or herself. Hopefully they have picked up on the right things to do. I know too many people raised in Hell that turned out just fine, because they made the decision to do right, no matter what had been taught them. And then there are the kids who are born with every privilege, and wonderful parents, who just turn out to be pure evil.

6. Thanks fchafey, gnatsum thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was talking to someone who has a private business yesterday and he was saying that he has a lot of problems when he hires kids nowadays mainly because they have no interpersonal action skills. If they can't text someone for a conversation, they are lost.

Reminded me of my grandmother talking about her second husband, who was Italian. She used to say if you tied his hands behind his back, he couldn't talk.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

8. Thanks txswimmer thanked this post
    LOL fchafey, txswimmer LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    kids who are born with every privilege, and wonderful parents,
    Generally, a mutually exclusive pair of circumstances.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    At lunch today, one of my co-workers mentioned that in today's society, if a man shows his private parts to a woman who doesn't want to see that, he can be charged with sexual assault.
    If a 7 year old girl sees a man's private parts in the girls restroom, that just has to be accepted.

11. Thanks Mestral, Night Owl thanked this post
    Saddened by Mestral is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that and all it takes to ruin someone is for someone to simply say they saw something whether they did or not.

Like the confirmation hearings... Things that were vaguely recalled and unsure became the gospel truth to the left. This is the alternative reality that a lot of people decide to bury themselves in nowadays. Where simply saying something makes it true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Well, that and all it takes to ruin someone is for someone to simply say they saw something whether they did or not.
    That is why I don't believe any of them, any more.
    Especially if it comes from the "pound me too" movement,
    as I think those are just women who hate that they didn't get some.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a kick from a thing on the view today... Evidently they think a womans word on something is all that is necessary for a conviction. We all know a woman would never lie, right. Unless it was someone accusing Clinton of sexual assault. Then they are trailer trash.

15. Thanks Night Owl, gnatsum thanked this post
    LOL Night Owl, Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    The way you raise kids makes a huge difference, but there is always a point where the child starts deciding for himself or herself. Hopefully they have picked up on the right things to do. I know too many people raised in Hell that turned out just fine, because they made the decision to do right, no matter what had been taught them. And then there are the kids who are born with every privilege, and wonderful parents, who just turn out to be pure evil.
    doubt that i would consider parents who gave their git every privilege to be wonderful parents......do you happen to know of someone who gave their kids every privilege?.........mac

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast