Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: House Races (WashingtonDC) 2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funny, Christ healed for free,
    well, of course the Christ didn't have a medical university bill to pay off or a family to support or an office and staff to pay for or medical equipment to buy........ or taxes! apparently the disciples were getting some money somehow or somewhere, after all they even had a treasurer, Brother Judas, I believe his name was.....mac

2. Thanks Mestral thanked this post
    LOL txswimmer LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    Currently we pay humans more than they are worth and still get crap, so that crushes your point.
    actually, Owl, he really doesn't have a point........and he's floundering. all he has are some talking points.....there are times when i s'pect he may really be someone other than he says he is and someone that we all knew all too well......prob'ly no need for me to say her name right here and now......mac

4. Likes Night Owl, Mestral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    ...prob'ly no need for me to say her name right here and now......mac
    Hmmm, she did mention a spouse...
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like

7. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    LOL fchafey, just2cents, Night Owl, CenTexDave, Mestral and 1 others LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by just2cents View Post
    I worked in the medical field for over 30 years. I never heard of anyone letting someone die because they did not have insurance.
    And who paid for it? Someone did. And plenty of people die every year from untreated illness. If you don't think so, just lookit up.

Post Thanks / Like
    At the end of the day, and I'm going to say this slowly so everybody understands, It. Is. Not. The. Government's. Responsibility. To. Pay. For. Your. Mine. Others. Healthcare!!!!!!!!!!!!

The government already pays too much money (our money by the way) for too many things.

10. Likes Mestral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    And who paid for it? Someone did. And plenty of people die every year from untreated illness. If you don't think so, just lookit up.
    I am not an attorney like you. I do not read untreated illness the same has " Letting people die because they can't or won't get insurance".
    If the illness is untreated they let them self-die.
    (See the post above this one,)

Post Thanks / Like
    If you don't think you are paying for the uninsured, you are woefully misinformed.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you don't think you are paying for the uninsured, you are woefully misinformed.
    Oh, I know full well that you and I are paying for the uninsured either through higher medical bills and/or taxes and I do not agree with it. I also do not agree that the government has any business in the healthcare business.

14. Thanks just2cents, Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we do pay for the uninsured one way or the other... The point is, hospitals are not in to charity work. They make their money one way or another. You just don't hear about the behind the scenes facts that they face at every budget meeting.

The other truth is, everyone who goes to the ER gets treated. Nobody dies because of medical lack of desire to treat based on coverage. They know they will get paid no matter what. This is why medical care is so expensive. The costs are passed along to other system users. Like HMOS... Ever wonder why they get into the HMO game at all? They make money because they have paying members whop do not use the system much and are betting that the money they get every month from paying members is greater than expenditures. They are not in the charity business. Just business. Like insurance companies that will take your money every month and then cancel or raise rates to stupid levels once you hit 65...

But this dangerous idea of nationalizing health care is just about the craziest and idiotic fiscal move I have ever heard of. Estimates of $11 trillion plus per year make it a budget consumer. All of the budget. As in no social programs (like that would ever fly) and no military spending (stupid and dangerous no matter how you look at it).
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

16. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Likes madasheck, gnatsum, txswimmer liked this post
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast