Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 217

Thread: House Races (WashingtonDC) 2018

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Harker Heights
    Posts
    23,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Democrats have a tendency to misread the constitution where it talks about the pursuit of happiness as it translates to mean a guarantee of happiness. No government can make that happen.

    And a lot of them are just plain airheads when it comes to the part about paying for stuff that sounds good. They just think the "government" will pay for it with government money. You know... Go out and print a bunch of it up and give it away. And they really believe this line of crap. When you tell them the government makes not one dollar of its own money, and that they are the ones giving their money to government to give away, they simply get that thousand light year stare like they cannot understand that at all.

    Even the simplest of fiscal concepts and the free market system are concepts far above their level of dream world thinking. Lime unicorns and glitter at the end of the rainbow are real things.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

  2. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
  3. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hymesa Estates, Killeen
    Posts
    28,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Healthcare is not a right covered by the Constitution. Saying otherwise is foolish.
    neither is privacy, per se, yet the federal role in abortions is found in the constitution by those who say it's there under the constitutional right of privacy.......thomas and havanaugh may very well decide that now's a good time to try and find that right again. i know the libs are scared to death that they will......mac

  4. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
  5. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hymesa Estates, Killeen
    Posts
    28,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Research needs to be encouraged. That won't happen in a single payer system. It doesn't happen in an insurance pay system, either, where insurance companies are after their bottom line 15-20% profit.
    well now, Swimmer, that's an interesting conundrum. if, as you say, research won't be encouraged in a one payer system and won't happen in an insurance payer system either.......then what kind of a system will it happen in? btw, it's happening even as you read this and we're in an insurance payer system......mac
    Last edited by mac; October 10th, 2018 at 11:26 PM.

  6. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
  7. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hymesa Estates, Killeen
    Posts
    28,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Under a two-tiered system, basic and catastrophic losses would be covered, and supplemental insurance could be had, just as in Medicare.
    you do know, Swimmer, that Medicare supplements are bought and paid for privately, out of pocket, and that Medicare has absolutely nothing what so ever to do with Medicare Supplements......right?mac

  8. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
  9. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hymesa Estates, Killeen
    Posts
    28,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txswimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We could easily afford universal health care, if we poured all of the resources currently spend through private insurance and governmental programs into a centralized (medicare for all) system.
    yes, but why in heaven's name would a free red blooded stalwart American ever want to do something like that. as far as I'm concerned, Centralized, cradle to casket health care is one of the last things this Nation needs or should even want.....

    obviously, it's true that, as you say, "we could easily afford universal health care if we poured all the money, we currently spend in governmental programs into the effort"..........but if we did that.........we wouldn't have any armed forces, ethanol, fema........nothing.....no government programs at all! sorry, but that just don't make no sense to this ole coon......mac (hey, you wrote it, i didn't)
    Last edited by mac; October 10th, 2018 at 11:51 PM.

  10. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
  11. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well now, Swimmer, that's an interesting conundrum. if, as you say, research won't be encouraged in a one payer system and won't happen in an insurance payer system either.......then what kind of a system will it happen in? btw, it's happening even as you read this and we're in an insurance payer system......mac
    The research is happening, but much of it is government funded, except for Big Pharma - they have plenty to fund themselves. Insurers have no incentive to fund research - it doesn't turn a profit. There are private charities which fund a lot of research, like Muscular Dystrophy, the American Cancer Society, etc., and I give to them as much as I can. It may be that we just have to rely on charities and government for all research funding.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes, but why in heaven's name would a free red blooded stalwart American ever want to do something like that. as far as I'm concerned, Centralized, cradle to casket health care is one of the last things this Nation needs or should even want.....

    obviously, it's true that, as you say, "we could easily afford universal health care if we poured all the money, we currently spend in governmental programs into the effort"..........but if we did that.........we wouldn't have any armed forces, ethanol, fema........nothing.....no government programs at all! sorry, but that just don't make no sense to this ole coon......mac (hey, you wrote it, i didn't)
    We are spending the money now. Medicare for all (the two tier system) would wipe out a lot of insurers. Taxes would replace premium payments. I am not saying it should be done. I am just saying we need to talk.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Harker Heights
    Posts
    24,259
    Post Thanks / Like
    Less than 20% of Americans don't have medical insurance and some want the other 80+% to fund insurance for those that don't have it. That's about the dumbest thing I have heard.

    Why don't those without insurance have it? Most are young and refuse to pay for it, that's over half of the 20%. So.......lets spent trillions of dollars to insure less than 10% of the population. Only a true socialist would want to do that.

    Lets not stop at medical insurance, let's buy them new homes, cars, pay for their education, buy their food, pay their utilities, and on, and on, and on. Where does it stop?

    This free crap has to stop or we won't survive.
    Last edited by Night Owl; October 11th, 2018 at 11:01 AM.
    TEXAS has a balanced budget.

    Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

    Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

  14. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
  15. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,503
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you do know, Swimmer, that Medicare supplements are bought and paid for privately, out of pocket, and that Medicare has absolutely nothing what so ever to do with Medicare Supplements......right?mac
    Of course. Look, it all comes down to how we raise (and spend) the 3.3 trillion that we are already spending. Can we do better with a single payer? I think not. A two tiered Medicare approach? Maybe. Private insurance mandated? We tried that. Letting people die because they can't or won't get insurance. Survival of the fittest, I guess. Charity? My preference for a lot of things is charity. Americans are generous (there are a few skinflints, in all economic ranges). I just would love to see a working group of representatives locked in a room until a workable solution emerges. Kicking the can down the road and yelling don't work.

  16. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UCLA / Unknown Corner of Lower Alabama
    Posts
    7,341
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an idea.
    {cough} PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY {cough}

  17. Thanks Night Owl, just2cents thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave, Mestral, Rick liked this post
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •