Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: CCISD TRE Proposal - 8 Sept 2018

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be surprised to see any tax district in the state go a few years without a tax increase unless they had help from a govt bigger than them. So yes, you can always look back at some point and say "see-taxes went up. I told ya so".

Luckily, they still would require a vote on the issue and I plan on getting just as deep in the facts on that one as I did this measure.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    The entire purpose of a bayonet is to bring a knife to a gunfight.
    When I was younger, I used to try to impress people with how expensive an item was, but as I grow older I find myself trying to impress people with how cheap I got an item.
    Don't tell someone they're wrong. Explain why. If you can't, maybe you're the wrong one.

2. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was one of the main complaints about this. Some thought they'd move tax monies to the operations side, receive more from the state, then in a year or two have a large tax increase on the I&S side of the tax base.
    I suppose that's possible. What remains to be seen, though, will the state now increase its share?
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. Thanks Shotgun Jeremy thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone has figured out that people have more money since the tax breaks Trump gave us and are out to get their share before it is all dried up.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4