Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: CCISD TRE Proposal - 8 Sept 2018

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be surprised to see any tax district in the state go a few years without a tax increase unless they had help from a govt bigger than them. So yes, you can always look back at some point and say "see-taxes went up. I told ya so".

Luckily, they still would require a vote on the issue and I plan on getting just as deep in the facts on that one as I did this measure.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    The entire purpose of a bayonet is to bring a knife to a gunfight.
    One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right, but not enough to know you're wrong.
    Don't tell someone they're wrong. Explain why. If you can't, maybe you're the wrong one.

2. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was one of the main complaints about this. Some thought they'd move tax monies to the operations side, receive more from the state, then in a year or two have a large tax increase on the I&S side of the tax base.
    I suppose that's possible. What remains to be seen, though, will the state now increase its share?
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. Thanks Shotgun Jeremy thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone has figured out that people have more money since the tax breaks Trump gave us and are out to get their share before it is all dried up.
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun Jeremy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mac, you're the second person now who's been against it. What I would like to know is has anyone tried to offer up a solution that would work for everybody? That's not directed specifically at you, btw. It's more open ended for anyone.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    Has the CCISD audited the numbers needed for receiving the impact grants?

It is difficult to believe that the majority of students in the ISD are not children of active duty personel, children of civil servants and federal contractors employed at Fort Hood or children of Federal funded low income housing.

https://www2.ed.gov/programs/8003/eligibility.html

Are the parents not reporting as being employed at Fort Hood, or cough, cough, reporting receiving federal low income housing grants? Could improved collection of data from the parentsreinstate the grants?

mat

Post Thanks / Like
    Cove lost a lot of military families because of all these deployments. Their impact aid is dead.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cove lost a lot of military families because of all these deployments. Their impact aid is dead.
    I would say the over pass has done Cove in as well. I talk to a lot of NCO's who live in Kempner and Lampasas….

"I hit the ball as hard as I can. If I can find it, I hit it again" John Daly

9. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It certainly has done in a few business along the old 190 thru the Cove.
    But, yep, agree - now fast to get to the western edge of Cove and out in the country, so people are taking advantage of it and not moving into Cove's city limits. Some parts of Kempner/Lampasas County fall into CCISD boundaries, but
    evidently not enough.
    But Cove saw this coming and has survived. KISD is the one really worried about it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4