Thread: Thursday Night Football

Post Thanks / Like

Thursday Night Football

Is now televised on Fox, not the NFL Network or ESPN. Was much better listening to Troy Aikman and Joe Buck.
    Last night the Browns shut out the Eagles, 5-0. I realize it's only preseason, but the teams' starters all pretty much played the first half.
    Takeaways:
    1. 5-0 final score. Kind of boring, but good defense by both. Nick Foles has turned into a turnover machine. The Browns sacked the Eagles' QBs 7 times!! Two INTs, two forced fumbles recovered.
    2. Carlos Hyde is gonna be a horse for the Browns. Played about 1-1/2 quarters and had 45 yards on 8 carries.
    3. Early on the Browns had a 1st and goal at the 1 and tried passing it 4 straight times! Not one run. They ended up turning the ball over. But then the Browns' D sacked Foles in the end zone for a safety,
    so they at least got a couple of points. Piss poor play calling. I think it just reconfirms what most Browns' fans have known for a couple of years - ain't the players, it's the idiot head coach.
    4. Josh Gordon is now in the Browns' training camp. When he gets back on the field this offense may sizzle.
    Not saying they will even make the playoffs, but they will certainly open some eyes this year.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

2. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is now televised on Fox, not the NFL Network or ESPN. Was much better listening to Troy Aikman and Joe Buck.
    Last night the Browns shut out the Eagles, 5-0. I realize it's only preseason, but the teams' starters all pretty much played the first half.
    Takeaways:
    1. 5-0 final score. Kind of boring, but good defense by both. Nick Foles has turned into a turnover machine. The Browns sacked the Eagles' QBs 7 times!! Two INTs, two forced fumbles recovered.
    2. Carlos Hyde is gonna be a horse for the Browns. Played about 1-1/2 quarters and had 45 yards on 8 carries.
    3. Early on the Browns had a 1st and goal at the 1 and tried passing it 4 straight times! Not one run. They ended up turning the ball over. But then the Browns' D sacked Foles in the end zone for a safety,
    so they at least got a couple of points. Piss poor play calling. I think it just reconfirms what most Browns' fans have known for a couple of years - ain't the players, it's the idiot head coach.
    4. Josh Gordon is now in the Browns' training camp. When he gets back on the field this offense may sizzle.
    Not saying they will even make the playoffs, but they will certainly open some eyes this year.
    Reminds me of the song, To Dream the Impossible Dream.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

4. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They can't be the doormat forever.
    Also of interest, think it was Joe Buck who last night stated of all their #1 draft picks from 2010-2015 are no longer with the team. Earlier during camp they got rid of the last of those duds -
    Corey Coleman, the WR from Baylor. That demonstrates how horribly they drafted. Those days are long gone. Myles Garrett has looked great. Had two sacks last night. Baker Mayfield
    has looked pretty good at QB. Throw in the last two good drafts and some good free agent signings this year (Carlos Hyde at RB, Jarvis Landry at WR) and they may surprise a lot of people.
    I think starting next year they will be a contender.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    They can't be the doormat forever.
    Also of interest, think it was Joe Buck who last night stated of all their #1 draft picks from 2010-2015 are no longer with the team. Earlier during camp they got rid of the last of those duds -
    Corey Coleman, the WR from Baylor. That demonstrates how horribly they drafted. Those days are long gone. Myles Garrett has looked great. Had two sacks last night. Baker Mayfield
    has looked pretty good at QB. Throw in the last two good drafts and some good free agent signings this year (Carlos Hyde at RB, Jarvis Landry at WR) and they may surprise a lot of people.
    I think starting next year they will be a contender.
    Or the year after that, or the year after that,..................etc etc

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

7. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta have something to look forward to.

9. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would be nice if the Browns had a winning season. You are right, they cant be the doormat forever. Then again, being a Jets fan, I feel your pain. 49 years ago, the Jets won the super bowl. Who remembers that?
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

11. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The shock heard around the world when that happened. Then the next year KC beat Minnesota. Then the NFL figured out they best merge with the AFL or risk losing an entire fan base.
    Last edited by CenTexDave; August 25th, 2018 at 8:23 AM.

13. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    It would be nice if the Browns had a winning season. You are right, they cant be the doormat forever. Then again, being a Jets fan, I feel your pain. 49 years ago, the Jets won the super bowl. Who remembers that?
    well, i sure do. hell, i still remember namath tellin' 'em there on the beach that the jets were gonna win for sure!......mac

15. Likes CenTexDave, fchafey liked this post